StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the oil plug washer thread got me to thinking - wouldn't it be nice to have a thraded oil funnel that fits the G strom? I ordered fumoto f-103 valve, now if I just had that funnel...

I currently have a plastic funnel with markings on the side for both ounces and ml. It drains through a very fine screen into a long hose that goes in to the fill hole on the engine case. It's nice, but it's a pain to use because I have to hold it up with one hand while pouring oil with the other, and when the bike is on my lift table, the funnel I am pouring into is above my head.

does anyone know if there is a threaded funnel that wil fit?

thanks

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
I bought a "Tight Spot Flexible Funnel" from our local Canadian Tire. It isn't threaded, but the funnel spout fits into the Strom filler hole so well that I don't have to hold it when filling. It doesn't have units or anything on it (I gave up worrying aobut that a long time ago)

If you search in Google for "tight spot flexible funnel" and "Canadian Tire" you should see what it looks like.

..Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
the oil plug washer thread got me to thinking - wouldn't it be nice to have a thraded oil funnel that fits the G strom? I ordered fumoto f-103 valve, now if I just had that funnel...

I currently have a plastic funnel with markings on the side for both ounces and ml. It drains through a very fine screen into a long hose that goes in to the fill hole on the engine case. It's nice, but it's a pain to use because I have to hold it up with one hand while pouring oil with the other, and when the bike is on my lift table, the funnel I am pouring into is above my head.

does anyone know if there is a threaded funnel that wil fit?

thanks
I have the same funnel/hose assembly. I strap it to the throttle grip and it becomes "hands free". I fill it to the proper amount and leave it to drain through the screen/hose into the crankcase.
I'll try to remember to get a pic next time!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Sauce anyone?

I posted this idea a long time ago.

We all throw these empty sauce/condiment bottles out all the time.

The tops off them fit many 1 litre and 5 litre oil bottles.

You now have a built in pouring top to reduce the risk of spilling oil on your engine when filling/topping up.
Thoroughly clean a small bottle and fill it with oil for your chain, simple and easy to lubricate it anywhere. [I carry both of these in the top box or pannier on trips for top ups and chain lubing, I also use them at home when required]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some good ideas

wouldn't both attachments to the oil bottle dramatically slow the rate of oil coming out of the bottle? I would think it would be hard to get air in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts