StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are those things for sliders? If so, does anyone use them as such and do they offer any real protection? Im new to the Wee thing so just wondering. I put some new Shinko 705's on last night and noticed them hanging there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
As far as I know they are for attachments to which you can mount studs for getting the rear wheel off the ground with one of those motorcycle jacks with wheels. I wouldn't think sliders would do diddly squat all the way down there to the inside, but, I'm sure someone else will chime in. I use mine on one side, with a bolt/washers/plexiglass, for attaching state park stickers...:beatnik:

·
Registered
190 Posts
As far as I know they are for attachments to which you can mount studs for getting the rear wheel off the ground with one of those motorcycle jacks with wheels. I wouldn't think sliders would do diddly squat all the way down there to the inside, but, I'm sure someone else will chime in. I use mine on one side, with a bolt/washers/plexiglass, for attaching state park stickers...:beatnik:
Please consider that idea stolen...:thumbup:

Glenn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh, Ok the paddock thing makes sense, I may have to get one of those. Not sure I want a center stand.

Thanks for the info:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Ahhh, Ok the paddock thing makes sense, I may have to get one of those. Not sure I want a center stand.

Thanks for the info:thumbup:
Something to consider; a paddock stand is not much of use to you if you need roadside repairs. That could be somewhere between rare and never but a consideration just the same.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Something to consider; a paddock stand is not much of use to you if you need roadside repairs. That could be somewhere between rare and never but a consideration just the same.
That's where you use a jack - an IB Mini lift IB Bike Lifts (Thanks to Mudrat for the link)

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I put them on because I had a paddock stand for my SV650. They have wheels so it's easy to move the bike around.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I hate the loss of clearance with a center stand myself. But, being able to flip the strom up on a center stand at the hotel or campground to lube the chain, something I do every 500 miles or so, more in rain, on every trip I take, is very nice.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Another Option

Another Option, but you have to carry it somewhere on the bike:

Open-Road Moto Stand

However, the broad feet on the stand may be better on soft ground than other, similar products.

Harbor Freight has Rear(Swingarm) Stands, and sometime the spools(8mm ?) for them, if needed for the particular style of rear stand you get. Some rear stands do not require spools. They simply raise up on the swingarm itself.

I kind of like not having to sacrifice the ground clearance a center stand would use up, but is would be more convienient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts