StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from our annual group ride in Southeastern Ohio. Great roads down there. Coming off an FJR, I wasn't sure the new Wee and I would be able to keep up with some of the faster boys on the FJR's and BMW's. However, I found I'm actually faster on 12' Vstrom. I used to blow a few double yellows on a weekend with the FJR when things got hot and heavy, but it seems that is a thing of the past on the Wee. It just goes where you point it. It is the most sure footed, confidence inspiring bike I've ever owned.

Then, the next day, a friend on an F800GS and I, decided to find out where all those forested gravel and dirt roads went. We ended up doing about fifty miles of gravel, lots of stream crossings, a few mud holes and turned back only after getting only the front wheel over a two foot rock ledge followed by a rock strewn uphill grade. We then wheeled out and back on the asphalt and were hitting the rollercoaster sweepers again with out so much as a whimper.

Now how many bikes will handle that? Best MPG 69, average MPG 59, low coming home on the interstate into a strong headwind around 48. Gotta clean it up now, it go a little muddy.

I'm loving it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
loving mine too. Riding the blue ridge parkway end to end (about 450 miles) my average was 58.1. For my 1800 mile total trip i was at like 51.8 or so. That worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts