StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love riding in the Autumn. A 50-60F ride is in my favorite temperature range. The heated gear can be dialed in nicely to a comfortable level whether stopped or at speed and the bugs are practically gone. The leaves are starting to change colors and blue skies have replaced a week of rain. One ride to lunch in Wisconsin replaced all those grumblings of two days reaching 100F on one leg of a trip and two days of rain on the return.

It's time to maximize the riding experience before the snow flies.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
See, Pat? We need a "Like" button; just like Facebook........

Glad you have had a good time!

·
Registered
600 Posts
35F and windy this a.m. A little cool but it warmed up a bit and riding was nice. Trees getting colorful. Sunny. A good day.

·
Registered
759 Posts

I know, this is a bitter sweet time of year. My Strom sits in the garage, in full view, during her winter hibernation. Half the time she laughs at me and the other half she curses me out.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,465 Posts
This summer in Houston we have had more days over 100 degrees than below. I have not ridden much.

For the first time in months the high temp did not reach 90 today! In fact it is in the lower 80's. I cannot tell you how good that feels. I will take a ride this evening.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
45 degrees and raining all day. Feel like a little kid with my hands and face pressed up against the window waiting for the weather to break.

Actually it was a perfect day for me to do all my end of the quarter paperwork. Never fun, but better on a rainy day than a nice. one.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
45 degrees and raining all day. Feel like a little kid with my hands and face pressed up against the window waiting for the weather to break.

Actually it was a perfect day for me to do all my end of the quarter paperwork. Never fun, but better on a rainy day than a nice. one.
See Jon? We need a "Like" button; just like on Facebook..... :biggrinjester:

Raining here all day too. I worked on the 1986 Suzuki Savage for most of the day.

I should be done with it next Wednesday.

What were we talking about?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am so jealous!!!

Beautiful, sunny 68 degrees and I can't ride. Wife had new hip inserted and I have to play nurse! Rats!!! Oh well turn about is fair play I guess. But next time she has a joint replaced I hope it is January (or February).

On the (semi) brightside? I have actually started cleaning my Wee. First time in 5 years.

I just read what I said above. Somehow it sounds sort of lewd. :jawdrop:

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
I rode the Vincent first, a quick 60 mile loop, then went for a ride on the V...trying to remember that shifter is now on the left-and reverse shift pattern. Brakes work too- a nice thing...The Vincent is fun, but the V is easy, comfortable and fast..I agree- fall riding is some of the best riding there is..

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Is it OK to be thankful also for the hot pad at the recliner this evening?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I agree with you 100% Greywolf. I love this weather and prefer a ride that has a touch of chill in the air. It is refreshing, exhilarating, and often leaves me with a big dumb smile while I'm riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fall

My bike is faster this time of year :mrgreen:and I try to not let any decent days go by without riding as too soon the V will be sleeping for the winter. :thumbdown

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
See Jon? We need a "Like" button; just like on Facebook..... :biggrinjester:

Raining here all day too. I worked on the 1986 Suzuki Savage for most of the day.

I should be done with it next Wednesday.

What were we talking about?
That's going to look pretty cool when you get all the gun turrets mounted and the armor in place.

43 degrees and light rain today... Fortunately I got the heated grips wired up last weekend, and also have the heated gear plug installed. Looks like I'm gonna be using them. Cooler temps can be refreshing, but I wasn't ready to be needing heated gear just yet.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
I love riding in the Autumn. A 50-60F ride is in my favorite temperature range. The heated gear can be dialed in nicely to a comfortable level whether stopped or at speed and the bugs are practically gone. The leaves are starting to change colors and blue skies have replaced a week of rain. One ride to lunch in Wisconsin replaced all those grumblings of two days reaching 100F on one leg of a trip and two days of rain on the return.

Amen to that.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Except for the slight hassle of having to do the plugs before and after the ride, I like using heated gear. The temperature can always be just right with a turn of the controller knob. Even in what some people would call perfect weather, it feels too hot pretty quickly when stopped if dressed to keep from being too cold at speed.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Except for the slight hassle of having to do the plugs before and after the ride, I like using heated gear. The temperature can always be just right with a turn of the controller knob. Even in what some people would call perfect weather, it feels too hot pretty quickly when stopped if dressed to keep from being too cold at speed.
Can't argue about that. I left all the mesh hanging in the closet and grabbed my warmer gear today. Since I was in and out of rain for the whole ride it was nice to already be wearing my waterproof touring jacket and boots. Threw on some frog togg pants and between the grips, gloves and vest it was a perfectly comfortable ride. Well... except for the deer that almost took me out.

·
38,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's another pus about cool weather. If it starts raining, the waterproof gear is already on.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Well... except for the deer that almost took me out.
On the way to work on Thursday morning, (4:45am), I nearly added a fox to my "hit list".

I am ALWAYS scanning the sides of the road at that time in the morning! But, at a different height then "fox height". And, the little vixen, (actually this was a BIG vixen!), was fast as fast can be. I was not prepared for it slipping across my bow as close as it did! WHEW!

Pat, I agree with you about riding at this time of year. The cooler temperatures, the different color of "blue" in the sky, along with, big, puffy white clouds drifting along. Add to that, the myriad of foliage colors, and the Fall season is an incredible experience!

(I also like early spring when there is still snowbanks along the side of the road. Everyone thinks you are nuts, and no one else is out riding. It feels like you own the world! I also have never owned, or ridden with, heated gear.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts