StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are allowed to surf the interweb at my work place (which I will not identify here), within reason, during our idle time. I usually hit my Concours, GMC truck, Toyota forums, and the local and national news sites maybe once a day. Some months ago I tried to access this forum and got a warning that it was "blocked" due to possible malware. I have left it alone and just come here with my home computer in the evenings.​
However, today I thought I'd try it at work again, and got a big read and black "Emergency Action Notice" on my screen. THE WEBSITE YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCESS IS BANNED DUE TO KNOWN MALWARE DISTRIBUTION AND POSSIBLE VIRUS DISTRIBUTION HISTORY. FURTHER ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF COMPUTER PRIVILEGES.​
Wow.​
Uuhhh...I don't know why this text is so garbled. I tried to edit it but can't get it fixed.​

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your post text is "right justified", that's all.

As for the malware warning ... a few people have commented on warnings but not many. False positives on their scanners I suspect but since I don't run the same OS (different vulnerabilities) I can't be sure.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
probably because of the 400,000 trackers, beacons, cookies and other shit vs uses on this site.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I have malwarebytes on my kid computer and it does NOT pick up anything

New IE11 is very sensitive and has not let me in places that are safeish that Chrome just loads up

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
We are allowed to surf the interweb at my work place (which I will not identify here), within reason, during our idle time. I usually hit my Concours, GMC truck, Toyota forums, and the local and national news sites maybe once a day. Some months ago I tried to access this forum and got a warning that it was "blocked" due to possible malware. I have left it alone and just come here with my home computer in the evenings.​
However, today I thought I'd try it at work again, and got a big read and black "Emergency Action Notice" on my screen. THE WEBSITE YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCESS IS BANNED DUE TO KNOWN MALWARE DISTRIBUTION AND POSSIBLE VIRUS DISTRIBUTION HISTORY. FURTHER ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF COMPUTER PRIVILEGES.​
Wow.​
Uuhhh...I don't know why this text is so garbled. I tried to edit it but can't get it fixed.​
My guess is your company uses some surfing monitoring/control software and may subscribe to some lists for blocking "bad" websites. Some how, maybe due to cookies, tracking, or the adverts, it is blocked. The message is very reminiscent of what we used back in my I.T. days with our surf control software.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
My guess is your company uses some surfing monitoring/control software and may subscribe to some lists for blocking "bad" websites. Some how, maybe due to cookies, tracking, or the adverts, it is blocked. The message is very reminiscent of what we used back in my I.T. days with our surf control software.
that's what I thought too- but I checked the spamscore and stromtrooper.com is ok. I also checked several malicious IP lists and did not find this domain.

so most likely the IT team at his workplace blocked the site manually

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perhaps the IT folks at your work are not fans of your bike.
Try not constantly talking about your strom, your farkles, your weekend trip and all the great guys on stromtrooper and maybe it'll come back.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is a good note to keep in my mind. So far I can navigate this forum, but I'll reduce the frequency, just avoid problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts