StromTrooper banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought another Hardley Ableson....either of the bikes you were looking at are better, but if you're into Hardleys you're a hopeless lost cause....Enjoy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bought another Hardley Ableson....either of the bikes you were looking at are better, but if you're into Hardleys you're a hopeless lost cause....Enjoy!
wow. I'm sure going to miss this warm community. Thanks for your helpful input.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I’m torn between a 1050xt and a Versys 1000 SE LT+.
Ha,ha the post looked so promising, until the HD dramatic twist :oops:

...take your time, do your research, talk to people on forums, choose wisely...then buy something completely different :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah, I haven't met a motorcycle that I didn't like. Well in all fairness, I have had a Harley and a VStrom in my garage for a few years and while I have loved them both, I have put about three times the miles on the Harley as I did the 'Strom.

I just sold both and, while I love Harleys, I was hoping to be practical and spend less this time (hence my questions here). However, when going out dinner with my wife last week, I was explaining the decision I had landed on to buy the 1050xt and when I expected her to praise my financial sensibility, she said instead, "you really should just get another Harley because you are going to just eventually buy it anyway." Once I realized she was in favor of me dropping significantly more on the purchase, it was done.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah, I haven't met a motorcycle that I didn't like. Well in all fairness, I have had a Harley and a VStrom in my garage for a few years and while I have loved them both, I have put about three times the miles on the Harley as I did the 'Strom.

I just sold both and, while I love Harleys, I was hoping to be practical and spend less this time (hence my questions here). However, when going out dinner with my wife last week, I was explaining the decision I had landed on to buy the 1050xt and when I expected her to praise my financial sensibility, she said instead, "you really should just get another Harley because you are going to just eventually buy it anyway." Once I realized she was in favor of me dropping significantly more on the purchase, it was done.
happy wife, happy life...don't ever go out shopping ALONE :D
...a bike, is a bike is a bike...some are better then others, but ride what makes you smile and enjoy your new ride
...it's also natural to get a "Suzuki bias" suggestion from "Vstrom forum" crowd :)

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
Glad I read this. Been thinking about a touring-ish bike and was looking at the Versys 1000.

The 2022 Versys 1000 is out of my price range. A new old stock 1050XT might not be, especially if dealers are willing to come down from 2020 debut MSRP.

That last remains to be seen. Judging by prices on Cycle Trader, it looks as if a lot of dealers don't mind having a 1050 take up showroom space for multiple years. You'd think that if they would sell at the price asked, they'd have done so by now.

·
Registered
2006 to 105,000 mi, then 2005 DL650 over 50,000 mi
672 Posts
What’s the $U.S. for N.O.S. 2020 dl1050 in the U.S.A.?p
I was pretty happy to find a N.O.S. 2020 DL1050XT for $11,900 at the end of November 2021. Less happy that it was over 300 miles from home, but I now own that and a 5x8 trailer for a lot less than the list price of my bike. Even including putting a hitch and wiring on my Subaru.

I had been looking for deals on a DL650XT for a couple years, but had a gen1 DL650 only half used (50,000 miles) so I had time to wait for one.

I felt the 1050XT deal was good for me, more than an DL650XT, but I hope the better suspension and CC will be worth the extra money. It does feel nice, and has a lot more power than my 650 bikes have. Happy so far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds exackery like my experience! But l already had the trailer(3 months looking for a life other than hauling brush).300 Km. From home to test ride a versus,then a dl1050(which l had no idea was out there to test -serendipity l guess). Loved the Suzuki. Oh! I didn’t have trailer for the test rides,just a da y drive with my Mazda 3 to let my wife be free of me for a day.

Dealership phoned back with(an offer YOU can’t refuse) .Couple days later ,300km. there 300 Km. Back ; 1050 in it’s Forever home. $13499.00 plus our g.s.t(13%.?) can $.
Seems about the same$. I am LOVING THIS BIKE. Been on a St1300 for 15 years.Still have it; but l think Suzi is gunna get more saddle time this year.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts