StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I need a little input I am considering selling my 2014 V-Strom 1000 it has less than 100 miles and is in showroom condition and 100% Factory original I was wondering what to price it at if I decided to sell it I have some personal family issues going on that are forcing my hand I still have my 2012 650 so I won't be strom less my 1k is the desert sand tan color as well any input is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
If it was me, I would look at blue book value in my area, then add up all my extras and add 50% of their value to the price, that arrives at a number.

Then you can look through local sale sites in your area to see if the prices are high or low and adjust accordingly.

Also check the NEW bike prices for this model, if you are too close, with zero Warranty left, people will pay the extra to get a new bike, I know I would.

That is just a start of course, you may get zero hits at that number and need to lower it each week to get a few bites.

If you are in a hurry to sell, you will need to drop the price a lot. This is not a good time to sell, people are saving for XMas now, best to hang on to it until March if you can.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances. As others have said, look at Craig's List and other publications to find out what similar bikes are selling for and go from there. I agree to hold off until spring if you can to get more money. Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unfortunately they were the hardest ones to sell here in aus too & as such have the worst resale.
Good luck mate!

·
Registered
525 Posts
here in NYC there are many either..my dealership which is (i think is the largest in the NE ) motorcycle mall sold 3 or 4 total.
so i know i'll get screwed when i sell it ,specially with all of the extras on it

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
We have two dealerships that cannot sell the leftover 2014s in that tan color. I picked up the last red leftover for $7450 and 0 fees a few weeks ago. I paid cash but a quick flip can be especially painful on a loan. My best luck has been selling on consignment where I gave the dealer 15% after I failed to sell one for less on Craigslist and got more than I had listed it for on CL. Some won't do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts