StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm thinking about selling my 2007 Wee and purchasing a 2007 Tiger 1050. I know, I know---I will probably regret it but the Tiger looks enticing. I can get the Tiger for around $6K and I am wondering what the Wee would bring. Here is the list of farkles and I would appreciate if you guys would give me a realistic dollar amount that I could get for it. I am bias so I came here to get an objective viewpoint. Thanks in advance for your input. Here goes:

2007 DL 650 ABS with 18500 miles, never off-road with 3000 miles on the tires with the full service done at 15,500 including new brakes, sprocket and chain. Also has the following farkles.

Heated Grips
Hyperlites brake lights
Headlight Modulator with sensor
Dash Shelf
Power Outlet
Wired for Tender
Mirror Extenders
Suzuki Gel seat and stock
SW Motech crash guards
Cee Baileys Windshield
Madstad Bracket
Center Stand
Side cases and top case
Fork Brace
Radiator guard
Skid plate
Highway pegs
Drivers backrest
Pro Taper ATV Lo bars
GPS mount
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Recalibrated speedometer face
Oil Cooler guard
3/4 inch lowering brackets
3/4 inch up and back risers
GL 1800 Goldwing foot pegs
Fenda Extenda
Racetech fork springs with Gold Valve Emulators

So how much could I realistically get for this bike with this set up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can't really count the 'farkles' when looking for a price. Only way it makes a difference is if you get a buyer who already knows these bikes and what the value of the extra stuff means...H.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i would strip the farkles and sell them by piece. Then price the bike at book and let someone talk you down a little. Sounds like your bike is set up perfect, It would be hard for me to start over.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CPD, you are right. It is set-up perfect and I don't know if I can let it go but that Tiger is tempting. It is well farkled also. Was owned by a Triumph employee so I wouldn't have to do much.

·
Registered
817 Posts
dibs on skidplate! :biggrinjester:

have you ridden the tiger yet? i've heard they run hot. not trying to disuade you at all. just curious. tiger look pretty tough.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
You didn't give any details about the a Tiger, but my suggestion is read more about 2007 model and some problems with this model year. Second - I find the price to be on the high side. Year ago I almost got 2010 with 10.000 miles LOADED for $6500! Regarding your bike there is not really so much valuable stuff (full luggage for example) and probably you would do better selling it separately. For you bike in stock condition I wouldn't pay more then $3000. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, after sleeping on it and having your input, I think I'm going to keep my trusty Wee. I just can't let it go. And I am content and blessed to have this bike! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Interesting how often we act as kids seeing a new toy (another bike in our case). But if we get over the first urge (sleep it over as in your case), we can get pretty easy over it. Right decision. Welcome back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was able to sell my 08 Wee for $3500 with 22,000 miles, basically stock. I think values are a little higher here on the west coast.

I just bought a 2012 Tiger 800 and paid $8500 with 30,000 miles. Was it "worth" it? I find myself going out for a 5 mile ride just for fun, which I never did with the weestrom. I find myself speeding everywhere and accelerating out of corners, which I didn't do so much on the wee. And I did a 300 mile ride a couple weeks ago and never once thought about wind buffeting, which NEVER EVER happened on the Vstrom...

Just depends on what trips your trigger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts