StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, ive had my 07 wee for 2 years and 10k miles and its been great, but ive got the itch for something a little different. I just came across an 09 wee locally and will likely go scope it out tomorrow evening.
My bike: 07, 32k miles, silver (least fav color), mechanically sound, needs nothing.
His bike: 09, 14k miles, orange (fav color), mechanically sound, needs nothing.
The 2 bikes are very similarly equipped, so thats definitely a plus for me. the new one has:
Givi Crashbars, Givi Centerstand, Givi PLR532 Side Case Frame, 2-Givi E21 Side Cases, Weld86 Skid Plate, Zero Gravity Tint Windshield, Moose foot pegs, New Renthal rear sprocket, 17T front sprocket, and DID X-Ring, New EBC brakes, K&N Filter, Fenda-Extender, Power Outlet, Sargent Seat, aprilia mirrors, debadged, newer anakee 2's, recent oil change.
did i mention it was orange?
He says its a sharp bike, never been down or off road and hes come down to 4200. hes about 30 minutes away from me. think its worth picking up as a replacement for my 07? thanks!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
a little different? as in color? why bother?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ur nuts

if ur going to replace 2 wheels with 2 wheels, get the new model

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Paint your '07. You'll save money.

If the '09 was ABS, consider it. Without ABS, pass, paint yours.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Up here in Canada we have to pay 12% tax every time we buy a used vehicle, so swapping out one for one of the different color could be a waste of money, but $4200 is pretty cheap. Maybe you could get $4500 for yours and offset the extra fees to switch over?

Or just get some orange wrap of your choice and change your current bike color.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
appreciate the replies! after much soul searching, ive decided to pass, at least for the time being. despite having 1/2 the miles mine does, im just not willing to dump an extra grand or so into basically the same bike that i already have. plus, i just did a lot of routine maintenance on mine and its getting a little late in the season to try to sell mine quickly.
i may have some body work done on an orange car that i have in the near future, so i may take the plastic and tank off and have it sprayed as well.
thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
32K miles on a V-Strom is just getting broken in. Just my opinion, but trading up to a bike only 2 years newer isn't worth it. Now, if that Wee was a '12 +, might be worth trading up to get the new styling and engine revisions.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will preface this comment saying that many may not agree with me.. but..

If it is what you want.. do it.. Forget asking what others think.. Life is far to short to live by what others say..

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
If the '09 was ABS, consider it. Without ABS, pass, paint yours.
Agreed. The only reason to upgrade is to go for ABS. That's what I did when I sold my '07 and got an '08.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts