StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there are enough of us here on this website to justify getting together sometime. I would prefer a ride, but if some one is technically inclined I would also enjoy a tech night.

When, what and where.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I'd like to have a reason to ride up to MN from IN. Haven't been there since Aug, 2006. I know it does more than rain up there.

Put something together with those in the area and let me know when the get together is. I'm pretty flexible, so Graywolf and I could probably be talked into a ride up that way.

Keep me posted.

Tige

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jay,
You know I'll try to be there! I also host a tech day for the Concours Owners Group (COG) at my home in the winter time. If there is enough interest I would be willing to host one for the Strom. It's a great way to break up the winter blues PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)!
Travis

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's been a couple of weeks since I last rode Hwy 1 to Ely - I'm up for any rides - although deep sand doesn't sound like fun - last Thursday I rode some trails near Sturgeon Lake on my Honda XL600R it was deep sand and tight turns after two crashes and uncountable near crashes I've had enough on that for a while. Keep us posted here - if it's an all paved route I've got some buddies who I'm sure would tag along they're not big on dirt though so if you're thinking dual sport they'd be out.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something Simple and Easy

I will be hung over on Sunday as I am reliveing my youth. A co-worker is having his 30th birthday and I get to act like a young 30 yr old agian. My wife and kids are headed to North Dakota. Would be willing to meet for a ride around noon. I plan on about a 200 mile total ride down to New Ulm and back. Can be done as all pavement, or 70/30. I would prefer the 70/30 but it can be done either way.

I agree that there are many fun roads in the Duluth area. HWY 1, the Echo Trail, the USFS roads north of 61. I would enjoy a weekend outing up there again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maybe not

So I guess the answer to the original question would be no

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still not done trying to get something together. My garage is an abosolute mess. Maybe a week night next week? Otherwise it is now out into Sept. for me.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
If you do one in late August or early September, I might join you. I'll track this thread.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we should try and have something in the fall, maybe late September. If we did do a tech day then our Stroms would be ready for a trip to Indiana for the first weekend in October.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Update... I'll be joining you in mid-September. As of 9/16, I will be transferred to Grand Marais, and living there. So I'll have to start paying attention to the Minnesota events on here.

Anyone know if Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly is still published? Does it get distributed up North?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have read it on the web in the past. Grand Marias is a very neat area, a bit boring in the winter, unless you have a snowmobile.

If my wife would have considered moving I would have applied for the Cook County Engineer and been right in Grand Marias, but no stuck in Shakopee.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update... I'll be joining you in mid-September. As of 9/16, I will be transferred to Grand Marais, and living there. So I'll have to start paying attention to the Minnesota events on here.

Anyone know if Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly is still published? Does it get distributed up North?

Yes it's still published if you go to their web site it shows the distribution areas you can also subscribe and have it sent to your mailbox

Try here for freebe locations:
http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/locations.htm

This is a great rag. Good luck with the move! It may be a slight adjustment from AZ ;)

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Thanks! I'll put more info on here as time goes by. My parents live in the Cities, so any metro-area events you guys put on, I'll probably be able to make. I'll keep an eye out for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly is published still. Even better, the current issue is filled with Vstrom articles. Tom Day recently took a trip to Alaska and back and chronicled the great ride he had on his Wee. Definitely check it out online.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts