·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being prepared.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I guess the story will be the same as for '14 model.
My Givi Airflow and side wind flaps are going off of my '14 model when I trade it for '17 model. I can bet I'll need them for '17 model. Let's wait and see until September 2017 (when I get the new model).

·
Registered
152 Posts
And the story is the same. You will need your Air-flow for the 2017. And the same for the 2017 650XTA. Last week I tested these bike's and its the same old story. Only the air-flow for the 1000 will not fit the new 650.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know if the Givi AF for DL650 2012 would fit DL1000 2017. Looking at givi.com they seem to be different articles, but who knows.
Just placed on order on a new yellow 2017 and if the AF is a must I might as well ask them to order it.

//Daniel

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,297 Posts
Sounds like the 2014+ screen is different from the 2018 DL 1000 screen in part numbers at least. I wonder about whether the mounting pattern is the same? One step further, is the 2017 DL 650 and 2018 DL 1000 screen going to have the same mounting pattern, if not the same exact screen? I may be interested in developing a windshield for these like I have for the 2012+ DL 650.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see now that Givi offers a different AF for the new DL1k. As the fittings are different, I guess a GPS above the dash needs new mounting brackets, i.e. the current offering from adventuretech.biz wont work. Can't wait to get the yellow beast delivered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a bit confusing. Revzilla tags the AF3105 as 2014-2017 but now I see the URL actually says 2014-2016. Givi.com does not.
I have emailed Givi about whether the 2014-2016 fits 2017 or not.

Tried pasting the Revzilla link but being a newbie....

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,297 Posts
I measured the 2017 DL 650 this morning and compared it to the 2014-2016 DL 1000. Those are for sure different mounting patterns. I will wait and see if the 2017 DL 650 and 2018 DL 1000 might possibly be the same. Since the 650 does not seem to have a ratchet adjustment for position, I rather doubt they will be interchangeable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a reply from Givi in Italy today and there will be a new AF for the 2017 DL1000.

- "The specific accessories range is in realizations. Monitoring our site in the next weeks for all infos"

·
Registered
152 Posts
The Air-Flow of the 2014> V-Strom 1000 will fit on the 2017 V-Strom 1000. But the Air-flow of the 2014>V-Strom 1000, won't fit on the 2017 V-Strom 650. The mounting is different. The mounting holes of the 650 are further apart. ( about 2,5cm)

·
Registered
1 Posts
And the story is the same.
Is it the same even with DL1000? 2017 screen looks less curved and a little taller, it should provide less buffeting and more wind protection compared to stock 2014-2016 screen.

Sounds like the 2014+ screen is different from the 2018 DL 1000 screen in part numbers at least. I wonder about whether the mounting pattern is the same?
Do you have part number for 2017+ stock screen? I was thinking to try it on my 2015 Vee, but local dealer still doesn't have any info on 2017/18 models.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Puig 5852 visor

Some measurements of the 2017/18 Strom 1000 screen.
I have added the Puig 5852 250x100mm adjustable visor. This is a screw mounted additional visor, you can get it with clamps if you do not want to drill the screen. I'm 5' 10'' While buffeting with the new Suzuki screen is fine I found it somewhat noisy. With the Puig it is much better, acceptable in fact and at half the price of the MRA X-creen, worth trying. It does not have as much fine adjustment as the X-creen but I found on the X-creen the rounded lip caught the sun and was very distracting. Without the visor I had the Suzuki screen upright and on top position, with the Puig I have it right back and on top position (highest) it looks better for it. With the screen fully upright the bike looks like a startled Cockatoo :(
The visor comes with template to drill the holes and buttons to go over the screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just picked my 2018 vstrom 1000 a few days ago. I find the buffeting ok but find it a little noisy. Does Suzuki make a taller screen to fit this bike. I had an MRA screen on my last bike (an AT) and that worked well. The adjustable lip made a big difference. My 09 vstrom 650 had a givi and that worked great but was so tall that I looked through the top of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quiet rider

Bought a givi airflow windshield today. What a difference. No buffeting and quiet.
Sounding good so far then. How high are you setting the the Givi and how high on the 3 bike mountings have you got the screen. Some pictures would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not at home right now but I have it mounted in the top holes and the front sliding windshield is approx 1 to 2 inches raised. I run it tipped up in the second notch. It worked fine in the first or lowest position but the added Adventuretech Gps mount makes contact with the dash. Once I find a piece a piece of rubber to put in between the gps mount and the dash, I will put it back in the lowest position. When I return home, I will post photos...if I remember.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I can confirm that there are no major changes in terms of buffeting between '14 and '18 models. I just sold my '14 and got '18. I had to install Givi Airflow and after today's ride I see I'll have to put BMW wind flaps I removed from my '14. Belly wind that was entering my helmet from bellow on '14 and that I have solved with wind flaps, is still there on '18, maybe a little bit less pronounced but still enough to hit my eyes. My helmet has chin curtain but it doesn't help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone know if the Givi AF for DL650 2012 would fit DL1000 2017. Looking at givi.com they seem to be different articles, but who knows.
Just placed on order on a new yellow 2017 and if the AF is a must I might as well ask them to order it.

//Daniel
The Givi Airfow from the 2014-2016 will fit the 2017-2018. V-Strom.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts