StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a PowerMadd 2" Riser on my '08 DL650, and had just about finished working out which cables needed to be rerouted and/or tie-wrapped, when my (specially cut down) hex wrench fell into..

The (Wee-Strom Frame) PIT OF DESPAIR!!!!

There is a tiny hidey-hole next to the fuel tank that a long, thin tool can fall into when dropped from above the handlebar riser. Ended up taking off all of the front fairings to finally spot it and coax it out. I'm sure that this spot is somehow a design feature of the bike... :furious:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have lost various little screws and nuts over the years into what appears to be a black hole on my 2007 Wee. Rarely does anything fall through and I usually can't find the part even with flashlight and magnetic tool in hand. It has got to the point that the guys at the parts desk tease me when I go in to buy a small fastener.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Coming out of a grocery store one dark night I managed to fumble my key and drop it into the dark hole of my BMW RT fairing. I returned to the store to purchase a flashlight. Now a days I always have a couple on board somewhere plus a key fob light in a pocket.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
POD (Pit Of Despair)

There is a backup POD black hole located on the front fascia under the windscreen, just in case you have any loose small fasteners or allen wrenches that are critically important to the task at hand and you need to have them permanently misplaced so you can spend the next 3 infuriating hours expanding your inventory of cuss-words, in addition to the next few years thinking about where they disappeared to as you roll down the road hearing the (imaginary?) rattling tinkling sound of little loose parts taunting you from somewhere nearby.

A friend of a friend who dated a girl that had a brother that knows someone that worked at a Suzuki dealership says that these lost pieces are actually part of a cutting-edge satanic-industrialized process that allows the bike's drivetrain to automatically reconstitute the consumed metal back into the high-wear components of the powerplant. Suzuki refers to this as "Nikasil" piston coating in their literature, the term is derived from a (much-shortened) amalgam of the Japanese equivalent of the term "NIcKel Alloy Self-Initiated repair by deviL"

Best just to stop looking and get more screws or hex keys, and by all means don't stop to chat if you see a stanger standing near any crossroads on your travels....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts