StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was about time I share my wee with you.
Here she is at the dealer waiting for me

Nice bike but, needs a bit of personality.

The madstat bracket wasn't quite compatible with the Touratech GPS bracket so a bit of mangle grinder action was called for.

Wiring complete

And this is how she looks ready for the road.

Fitted some door handles to the top box

We are slowly getting to know each other, here we are having an quiet night together up in Bright.

Here she is posing somewhere on Mt Hotham.

And this weekend she decided to take me to Walhalla

Some turnoff that mentioned 'viewpoint' led me down this road

to see this

A bit further on

The Wee and I are having a great time together.
I have the bike to a stage where I am mostly happy with it.
Next I would like to get the seat comfy, and maybe upgrade the suspension.
Cruise control would be very nice to have. I have installed the raising links from Narcosis Junky, and I really must lengthen the side stand.
I am having second thoughts about the SW motech crash bars. Having to take the crashbars off to remove the tank plastics will get old real fast.

Tinkering with her is fun, and getting out there and just finding out "where does this road go" is a blast.

I think I will be keeping her for a long time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Mick,CONGRATULATIONS on getting your wee ,your additions to your bike look first class , i have had my wee almost 3 months ,i changed my mirrors on the weekend to an after market set they are the same shape as the aprillia mirrors but only $30 each from Suzuki ( surprisingly no vibration at all) ,changing the mirrors was a just a matter of taste the stock mirrors seemed to "date" the bike , i also changed the head light globes( a nice easy mod) to a pair of calibre extra vision blue performance halogen globes(super white light PLUS 50% extra light volume) H4 60/55w they are a lot brighter than the stock globes and only $48.00 .The pics where your wee hs taken you are excellent ,enjoy your wee and ride safe .Paul.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks goods ,

Couple of tips
try a sheepshin first for the seat ,then add an airhawk if thats not good enough .
Forkbrace and mirror extenders both are well worth the money
If I was doing it again I would add fork gattors and some protective film.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks goods ,

Couple of tips
try a sheepshin first for the seat ,then add an airhawk if thats not good enough .
Forkbrace and mirror extenders both are well worth the money
If I was doing it again I would add fork gattors and some protective film.
a good tip Graham i use an air hawk on my wee ,saves on the numb bum :green_lol:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Mick,nice post and thanks for sharing pics,will the handles on the top box be at a disadvantage when loading a big duffle on the back for a long trip or are they there for just that as tie down points ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Paul, we must have picked up our wees about the same time :)
Have you got any pics of the mirrors? Keep me informed how you go with the new globes. I put $$$ fancy 'philips xtreme' into my CBR, they lasted a few weeks, so I replaced them with more $$$ fancy 'philips xtreme' which lasted a few more weeks, I then put $1.95 - dare I say (super) cheap (hey I bought them before 'the add') - bulbs back in which are still going after a year...

Thanks for the tip Graham, the seat doesn't bother me where I sit, rather it is the rise digging into my lower back. I plan to try either putting some hard foam on top, or maybe just go with an airhawk if that will lift me up a bit.
I wonder if lowering the foot pegs might ease the pressure of me being pushed into the rise? Ideally I think I would like to add more foam and cut the rise out to make it more of a bench seat. I am not comfortable with the idea of hacking my own seat yet..
I already have a Ricks fork brace on (was the first mod and very worth it I.M.H.O), and his mirror extenders are on my shopping list.

Windinhair, the handles are there so I can strap my tent on top. I need to keep the passenger seat free, because I sit on it on the highway (that damn seat rise again). I am hoping not to need a duffle, I plan to travel with no more than fits in the panniers.

Mick.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Mick you are probably tall so the seat may be a bit low .I personaly believe you should stand up about every 1/2 to1 hour or so to allow better blood flow . I have never had a problem after even 17 hour rides if I do this and other things like flexing my feet ,

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Mick,

She certainly looks different to the last time i saw her, great job. :thumbup:

How are you settling in to riding her? I am assuming the old Honda doesn't get much use any more..

Is that one of those tenere tents you have, how do you like it??

I am thinking of getting one to replace my macpac hiking tent, the wee can carry more stuff than my WRR, all that extra space would be nice for my trip.

Is the vestibule sealed, does it have its own floor??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Graham,

I am around 6'1. If I move around and change positions I can handle the longer rides (about 7 hours is the longest I have done to date). I can live with it if I have to, but it would be nice if I can take out that point that digs in.

Steve,

Thanks. I really am enjoying the Wee, even though I still think the CBR is easier to commute with, every morning I just grab the keys to the Wee. Time to let the honda go I think :bom_bigcry:. (however maybe a CBR1000 wouldn't be so neglected in there...)

You really have a bit of catching up to do, I will book it in for its second service next week.

Yes it is a tenere tent. So far I have only used it one night. I have never really camped before so I don't have a point of reference for comparison, but I certainly wasn't swearing at it. I was comfortable with the time it took me to set it up and take it down, it didn't feel too long. I liked having the bike hidden away when I walked to the pub, and I found the tent very comfortable. I can stand in it and easily change my cloths. The vestibule has no floor. In that pic I am sitting in the sleeping compartment with the internal 'door' open.
If you are interested, I would be happy to organise something so you can check it out.

On a side note, I took the bike back to Jefferys to look at my apparently crooked rear wheel. Even the Mechanic there thought it looked out of whack, but when they string lined it, it was ok. They loosened the subframe bolts and jiggled a bit so it looks ok now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Paul, we must have picked up our wees about the same time :)
Have you got any pics of the mirrors? Keep me informed how you go with the new globes. I put $$$ fancy 'philips xtreme' into my CBR, they lasted a few weeks, so I replaced them with more $$$ fancy 'philips xtreme' which lasted a few more weeks, I then put $1.95 - dare I say (super) cheap (hey I bought them before 'the add') - bulbs back in which are still going after a year...

Thanks for the tip Graham, the seat doesn't bother me where I sit, rather it is the rise digging into my lower back. I plan to try either putting some hard foam on top, or maybe just go with an airhawk if that will lift me up a bit.
I wonder if lowering the foot pegs might ease the pressure of me being pushed into the rise? Ideally I think I would like to add more foam and cut the rise out to make it more of a bench seat. I am not comfortable with the idea of hacking my own seat yet..
I already have a Ricks fork brace on (was the first mod and very worth it I.M.H.O), and his mirror extenders are on my shopping list.

Windinhair, the handles are there so I can strap my tent on top. I need to keep the passenger seat free, because I sit on it on the highway (that damn seat rise again). I am hoping not to need a duffle, I plan to travel with no more than fits in the panniers.

Mick.
Hi Mick,i had a look and i picked my wee up on the 11/3/2011,here are a couple of pics of the mirrors , on the left hand side mirror i added a spacer to raise the mirror as the mounting point is lower than the right hand side and my knuckle hit the mirror so the spacer fixed that i have used the covers off the original mirrors,cheers Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Mick, my odemeter reached 4,500klms this afternoon ,my wee had 950 klms on it when i bought it ( ex-demo and the Suzuki dealer did the 1,000klm service prior to me buying the wee) plus i did an oil and filter change at 3,000 klms ,approx:3,600 klms in just under 3 months ,:jawdrop:i may need to get out for longer rides on the weekends! .Ride Safe .......Paul.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul,

Mine just hit the 6,500km mark this weekend.
I feel I have pretty much got it sorted enough now to start doing some long runs I have planned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts