StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I am liking the Glee more than ever. This is the first bike I've had that has any real kind of wind protection (dual sports and cruisers). 40 degrees F was pretty much my cut off...any colder than that and I would take the truck. This morning it was 34 when I left, and I didn't feel as cold as I did at 40 with the KLR. Just tuck down behind the screen a little more and all is good. I will get a couple more months of riding season with this one.

I am going to have to either get better gloves, or hand guards for wind protection though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We have been very warm but yesterday coming home we had a chill in the air and it is starting to change. Yesterday I rode a R1200RT with a heated seat. The electronic windscreen all the way up block ALL of the wind and that was real protection!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Its actually getting quite warm, which you would expect from this time of year. Summer is just around the corner and I am already starting to think I should remove my windshield to get some air-cooling.

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
Phooey, I hate winter. Makes camping less enjoyable. And the mountain roads get icy on bad days. Fun factor reduced!

·
Administrator
13,502 Posts
One nice thing about colder weather is that there are less bugs! When down below freezing there are essentially no bugs.

In warmer weather I ride with a small screen from an Orginal DL650 on the Madstad Bracket. I will shortly put on the larger GIVI screen.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
At 4000 ft ASL and far from the coast we experience cold here. A short season though compared to the Midwest/Northeast. Forecast here today is 82. It is cooling down. In a few months it will be time to move to the Death Valley hideout. Ahh I can feel those hot springs now. Great place to ride (in the winter). Be prepared to hunker down for the occasional sandstorm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the nice thing about riding in cooler weather is;......

everyone waves. chrome polishers are home in their heated garages.:thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am going to have to either get better gloves, or hand guards for wind protection though.
Try a slightly heavier glove and heated grips. I hardly ever use my heated vest any more since I got the heated grips. With the right jacket, I'm good to ride all day just above freezing.

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
"Ahh I can feel those hot springs now."

Sounds like Saline Valley! Or Shoshone. I've run into snow driving into Saline Valley though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
32 in Yellowstone this morning

On my 4 week cross country trek and hit worst weather in YS. I notice the handguards (suz OEM) do not make a difference (my left one is not installed, right one is) on how cold the hands get....winter gloves did fine. My Firstgear heated jacket liner only on low under Tourmaster Jacket was plenty fine as well. Now about that hailstorm....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Search for "silver glove liners". They are of a comfy metalic thread, much warmer than silk liners, and worked for me for years until I got my heated gear. I still use them when I don't want to have to be plugged in. You might need a second set of slightly larger gloves though. I lucked out with a pair of Olympias that fit well with or without the liners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Heated gear is essential for cold weather riding. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it's so comfy I almost fell asleep riding on the highway the other day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts