StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet you know where it is. Inside the fairing. You know, the place where your key and various important stuff like screws and stuff drops. It seems to have an extremely strong gravitational pull.

I have already dropped a couple of things down there. I was installing a Strom Bra (www.victoriassecret.com) and I dropped one of the little black plastic pegs from the front tank trim down there. It pinged around like a pachinco machine for a second and then popped out the bottom. I felt like I had won at slots.

I was wondering if any scientific experiments have been performed to see if there really is some sort of unexplained gravitational field down there. Maybe Suzuki put something in there to pull the bike down the road better.

Hmm. I can't quite see all the way in there. I might be taking it apart to get a better look at some point. Probably to retrieve my cell phone or something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gee, let me know if you encounter any gravitational anomolies. I was thinking there must be a way to utilize some of that space. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I dropped my key in there 2 days after I got my V. It went between the black panel inside and the outer shell. Man what a way to learn the push clips. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dropped my key in there 2 days after I got my V. It went between the black panel inside and the outer shell. Man what a way to learn the push clips. :)
That is darn close to exactly what I did. I managed to poke it out with the sides of my Gatorz glasses.

·
Registered
888 Posts
+2:-D
Ever seen Dr Who? It's like the Tardis in there! Right up to the point you put your hand in there and then it's tighter than a scotsmans purse!:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Works well for storing a ball cap when riding. I always put my hat in there with the brim pushed in toward the radiator on the right side. I have riden up to 115 mph and offroad and the hat is always there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Laava, I had the same thought about the Tardis when I first read the post... you beat me to writing it down.

Maybe it's the disparate relationship of time-space continuum between the folded space inside the cowling and normal space outside that is causing the gravitational flux and pulling the bike down to the ground on one side.... silly us, we just thought the turn signal indicators were the cause. Now we know! :mrgreen:

James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Into the Void or Tale of the Screw

During the week of the Strom gathering, Monkeygrass, Balasz, and myself were doing a bit of wrenching on my Strom.

We (they, I just kinda helped a little,those guys love to wrench! ) had changed out the clutch and front brake fluid and were putting things back together. Suddenly one of the two screws slipped out of MG's hand (butter-fingers) and never hit the ground!

We shook the bike, cussed at the bike, laughed at ourselves, and tried every way possible to find the missing screw.

We ended up having to remove the entire front fairing and Balasz finally located the screw. Balasz, BTW is an amazingly competent mechanic with a lot of insight on all things Strom, in case you didn't know. I am honored to call him my friend!

Seems that there is a magnetic field surronding the black hole on the Stroms... so please plan accordingly when performing maintenance! If you lose a screw or any other piece, it will probably be in there! :) Buyer beware!

·
Registered
89 Posts
That or some sort of finger tool grabber for the items that don't stick to a magnet.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes, I have had much experience with this when changing handlebars. If something falls in, it goes to an alternate universe where they have all of the matches to your socks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I have had much experience with this when changing handlebars. If something falls in, it goes to an alternate universe where they have all of the matches to your socks.
Are you saying that our houshold dryer is somehow linked via a whacky wormhole/space-time continuum thing to the front of my Strom? Holy crap. If I ever see a sock fall out of my bike, I am going to send it to Dr Stephen Hawking for analysis.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Exactly... but it's like the Hotel California- you can get in, but you can't get out. So, chances are good you won't find those socks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly... but it's like the Hotel California- you can get in, but you can't get out. So, chances are good you won't find those socks.
As long as the cowling doesn't start dropping banana peels, I think we're good. Now, if we could get Suzuki to move the blackhole to the back AND let it drop banana peels on demand, the guys in the "Tailgater" thread would be all over this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts