StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 12 Super T. We have done roll on races in every gear. The V2 walks away in every gear but a 6th gear roll on. He just purchased a 14 Super T, and we had the same results last night. So I'm pretty pleased that our 1000 cc bike can pull at least one 1200 cc bike.

·
Registered
600 Posts
People compare the S10 and Vee2 all the time, but, really they are significantly different.
You just need to pick the proper tool for your type of riding.
I do mostly back road rum running and I like the throttle response and relative lightness and maneuverability of the Strom,but if my riding involved big, long trips on a regular basis, I would choose the S10 as I find it more roomy and a bit more comfy.
CC and shaft drive are nice for that type of riding also.
I had ordered a 2014 S10 and changed my mind when I did an honest evaluation of my type of riding.
I have a buddy with a 2014 S10 who does really big trips on a regular basis.
He chose the right bike for that.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
My buddy has a 12 Super T. We have done roll on races in every gear. The V2 walks away in every gear but a 6th gear roll on. He just purchased a 14 Super T, and we had the same results last night. So I'm pretty pleased that our 1000 cc bike can pull at least one 1200 cc bike.
Not surprising. The Vee has slightly more bore area, so it should make a bit more power, and it's a lighter bike with a more efficient final drive.
Ergo, faster. :)

I was very underwhelmed with the Super Tenere's motor when I rode one. Kind of agricultural feeling, a little rough with lots of low end power, but no pop higher up. The rest of the bike was nice though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People compare the S10 and Vee2 all the time, but, really they are significantly different.
I do mostly back road rum running and I like the throttle response and relative lightness and maneuverability of the Strom,but if my riding involved big, long trips on a regular basis, I would choose the S10 as I find it more roomy and a bit more comfy.
I had ordered a 2014 S10 and changed my mind when I did an honest evaluation of my type of riding.
He chose the right bike for that.[/QUOTE

I rode 14,000 miles on my strom, right along side the ST this summer. Strom eats up the miles, and handles better in the twisties.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am watching as the S10 prices have been in a free fall recently. The only thing that I find appealing is the shaft drive. I rode one and it didn't make me want to drop the Strom so it isn't in the garage now. Nice bike but not what I need now I guess. That being said I ride anything from a scooter to a goldwing and get off with a smile on my face. Just ride whatever you get (or have). Nothing worse than a motorcycle that just sits in the garage...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm old and slow so it doesn't matter to me :)! Nice to hear though.

Honestly I'd have bought a S10 if it has been as great a value as the Strom, but it isn't and I love the Strom so here I am. The couple extra thousand dollars feels pretty good in the bank account also.

·
Registered
600 Posts
He chose the right bike for that.[/QUOTE

I rode 14,000 miles on my strom, right along side the ST this summer. Strom eats up the miles, and handles better in the twisties.

For sure, and I did not mean to imply that the Strom was bad on long trips, it is just that when I took a toot on the S10, it fit my ergos a little better and the CC would be nice.
And, yes, the Vee2 is the bomb to have in the twisties!

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok so like all the web bike guys are putting out the new ride reports on the new Honda and they all say
you wouldn't want any more power its just right
yup 95hp
oh that's what the strom has but everything you read about the strom is it doesn't have enough power ???????????
the strom is fast and is set up really nice for most riding
for the 8800 I spent on my adv I cant think of a bike I would rather have
I rode the s10 twice on Yamaha demos and didn't think that much about it and I really wanted one
it was just hohum for me like a tool not saying its not a great bike at all though just no excitement
when it comes to bikes there is always something faster so ride what ya like to sit on and what feels right
or buy a busa
for me its all about the way the power gets to the ground
this year I bought a fz-07 a ctx1300 and the new strom, all three bike have tourque all from the bottom and lots of it
man I love the torque for me way more important the high revving hp
getting back on topic
anytime you can beat up on a buddy tell us all about it
for the record your strom is obviously black, the fastest color

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yuup, the new V2 is faster than the Tenere for sure. Same with the old V1 also. I sold my 2007 V1 to a good friend and the first time we rode together he proceeded to spank me soundly.

If you look at the specs, the Strom and the S10 have virtually the same piston diameter. The extra CCs in the Tenere all come from the longer stroke.

Completely different bikes. The Vee is snappy, the S10 has grunt. The Strom keeps you busier riding it....more shifting. With the Tenere you just twist the throttle and use the torque. The grunt makes the Tenere much more manageable off-road. The snappiness makes the Vee a hoot in twisties.

Reactions: Toto and Big B

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so like all the web bike guys are putting out the new ride reports on the new Honda and they all say
you wouldn't want any more power its just right
yup 95hp
oh that's what the strom has but everything you read about the strom is it doesn't have enough power ???????????
the strom is fast and is set up really nice for most riding
for the 8800 I spent on my adv I cant think of a bike I would rather have
I rode the s10 twice on Yamaha demos and didn't think that much about it and I really wanted one
it was just hohum for me like a tool not saying its not a great bike at all though just no excitement
when it comes to bikes there is always something faster so ride what ya like to sit on and what feels right
or buy a busa
for me its all about the way the power gets to the ground
this year I bought a fz-07 a ctx1300 and the new strom, all three bike have tourque all from the bottom and lots of it
man I love the torque for me way more important the high revving hp
getting back on topic
anytime you can beat up on a buddy tell us all about it
for the record your strom is obviously black, the fastest color
Nope, I have a red one. I believe it is the faster color. I.e. Ducati, Ferrari. Lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yuup, the new V2 is faster than the Tenere for sure. Same with the old V1 also. I sold my 2007 V1 to a good friend and the first time we rode together he proceeded to spank me soundly.

If you look at the specs, the Strom and the S10 have virtually the same piston diameter. The extra CCs in the Tenere all come from the longer stroke.

Completely different bikes. The Vee is snappy, the S10 has grunt. The Strom keeps you busier riding it....more shifting. With the Tenere you just twist the throttle and use the torque. The grunt makes the Tenere much more manageable off-road. The snappiness makes the Vee a hoot in twisties.
I had an 07 V1 too. Rode a buddy's V2, and sold the 07 the next week and bought a V2. Never looked back.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've had little roll-on races with my dealer at group ride events and my old K6 Vee is quite a bit faster. Not so when he takes a Multistrada out on the ride. Those things are fast!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I'm old and slow so it doesn't matter to me :)! Nice to hear though.

Honestly I'd have bought a S10 if it has been as great a value as the Strom, but it isn't and I love the Strom so here I am. The couple extra thousand dollars feels pretty good in the bank account also.
same here, price being equal I would have taken then S10 as well :) I probably wouldn't be considering buying something like a WR250R if I had.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
And is not in the Vee's price range :wink2:
Not even close, I couldn't even find one of the newer ones USED for even close to what i paid. I paid 10k cdn for mine and the used ones at that time where around 13k.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm not in the least surprised by Vstrom v Tenere result.

I had a roll on comparison with a friend on his R1200 GSA (latest 125hp water cooled one). Admittedly he weighs 110 kgs to my 82, but both were fully loaded and the Strom 1000 still kept a slight lead right up to 160 kph

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm spoiled because my last bike was a 1200 multistrada and unfortunately the Vstrom 1000 feels incredibly slow. BUT don't get me wrong still a very capable bike but doesn't have the grunt of the duc.
Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts