StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard luggage has been pretty well covered on this forum; but finding reviews on how well different bags fit the Strom are hard to find. A list of what works could save save someone hours and hours of surfing! I know I have a good dozen invested looking for a 19+ liter bag.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The Joe Rocket Manta XL is almost perfect. The size of it alows you to carry a couple of different pairs of gloves, face shield (the curve is perfect in the front), and other small items that are best handy. There is a seperate pocket for your cell phone and a another for a walkman sized device. It's also magnetically mounted so it is easy to take off and on. It comes with a rain fly that is concealed within. It can be deployed while riding down the road if you are coordinated enough. Very nice tank bag that be had for less than $50

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
The Wolfman Explorer Lite is another popular one that fits like it was made for the Strom.

If you searched and didn't find anything, you must not have been using the Google search box at the top of the page, centered under the main menus. There are many threads on the subject: Stromtrooper.com - Search Results for tank bag fit

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fieldsheer "Access" magnetic tank bag

Don't know if it is still widely available, but I liked Fieldsheer's "Access" bag enough to buy a second one (KLR & Wee K8). SEVEN powerful magnets, separate outboard zipped pouches on each side, raincover. I paid less than $50, including shipping.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not sure why more people aren't using the choices from Bags Connection @ Twisted Throttle. They mount on a quick release adapter ring that goes on the fuel filler ring, snaps into place and a discrete lanyard releases the bag for fueling. I have the "Engage" model. Another thing is they don't rest on the tank so there's no chance of paint damage. If I were to buy again, I might get the "Engage Plus" or whatever it's called since I tend to want to carry just one more thing than I can get in the bag.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Tankbags are like underwear, what works for you prolly won't fit somebody else.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm not sure why more people aren't using the choices from Bags Connection @ Twisted Throttle. They mount on a quick release adapter ring that goes on the fuel filler ring, snaps into place and a discrete lanyard releases the bag for fueling. I have the "Engage" model. Another thing is they don't rest on the tank so there's no chance of paint damage. If I were to buy again, I might get the "Engage Plus" or whatever it's called since I tend to want to carry just one more thing than I can get in the bag.
+1.......I'm a huge fan of the SWM adapter ring.

·
Registered
51 Posts
+2 for the engage bag. Small, but very useful. I'll be adding the GPS mout to the mix shortly and can report on that later…
The quick release bag is very nice and as mentioned no contact with the tank so no abrasion marks. The plastic horseshoe that mounts seems kinda cheap, but it's flexibility allows you to mount it where you want.

Cheers -Kevin

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I think most people missed the OP's original point. The OP is looking for a 19L+ plus size tank bag. That's huge, over 7 times the amount of engine oil you put in with a filter change.

The Bags Connection Engage that people are referring to is only 7.7 litres and the City the other really Strom suitable bag varies between 8 and 12 litres depending on whether you have the expansion zip open.

The only Bags Connection bag that is in the size range and will fit a Strom is the "GS" bag which varies from 17-25 litres.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only Bags Connection bag that is in the size range and will fit a Strom is the "GS" bag which varies from 17-25 litres.
I have this bag, it's perfect, fits the Strom great and the size is just right.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I am using the Nelson Rigg CL-1030 Touring Tank/Tail Bag , it has up to 4 mounting options, Bag will expand , comes with a cover, the map pocket is pretty large.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bags Connection is the way to go, I love mine

·
Registered
555 Posts
19 liters is gigantic. My cortech mini is about as big as I'd want in that space (and I really like it). Whatcha putting in it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Wolfman Rainier has my vote. Very solid, good quality bag that straps on - no magnets. It will stay put even on the roughest roads. It's designed for the tank shape of the V-Strom and others like the BMW GS. 20 to 24 liters (expanded). Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage

That is the best picture I've seen of the Rainier bag. The other pics I've seen were not asthetic in my opinion.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm not sure why more people aren't using the choices from Bags Connection @ Twisted Throttle.
Engage bag + non-electric bottom tank ring + shipping = $200.00. If you want to electrify the tank ring, add $67.50.

That's a lot of lucre for 7.5 litres of carry space.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Wolfman Rainier has my vote. Very solid, good quality bag that straps on - no magnets.[/IMG]
Thanks for showing the photo of it installed.

I have the Explorer Lite that I bought for my KLR. I was planning on trying it out on the Vee first. I bought the universal harness kit, is that what you're using?

If the Exp Lite isn't large enough for long trips I was thinking to go with the Rainier.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
19 liters is gigantic. My cortech mini is about as big as I'd want in that space (and I really like it). Whatcha putting in it?
Stove and fuel, water, coffee, food and snacks, phone, maps, lube, and hopefully raingear I won't be needing on a coast to coast trip coming up shortly. All the stuff I want to get at without unpacking the rest of the bike between campsites.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts