StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side stand on V-Stroms seems to (justifiably?) get some serious negative feed back. I found it scarey, because it does not swing far enough forward to give me a stable platform. So at risk of suggesting the obvious, I will tell you that I solved the problem, and made the parked bike much more stable by taking off the stand (an extremely easy job) and grinding it down a bit to allow it to swing further forward. Given that it is now in a more forward position, two good things go on: 1.) if bike is pushed forward when parked, (or you getting off it!), stand does not rotate backwards so readily, and thus allow bike to fall, and 2.) Bike is now leaning over more when parked, so again, is less readily tipped over the other way [REALLY nice change for parking on highly crowned roads.] I hope this helps some people be happier with this great machine.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The side stand on V-Stroms seems to (justifiably?) get some serious negative feed back. I found it scarey, because it does not swing far enough forward to give me a stable platform. So at risk of suggesting the obvious, I will tell you that I solved the problem, and made the parked bike much more stable by taking off the stand (an extremely easy job) and grinding it down a bit to allow it to swing further forward. Given that it is now in a more forward position, two good things go on: 1.) if bike is pushed forward when parked, (or you getting off it!), stand does not rotate backwards so readily, and thus allow bike to fall, and 2.) Bike is now leaning over more when parked, so again, is less readily tipped over the other way [REALLY nice change for parking on highly crowned roads.] I hope this helps some people be happier with this great machine.
I ground about a 1/4 off the stop. That let it go forward a little farther.
You like what you have done and it works. Good Job.:hurray:
Mike

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
if bike is pushed forward when parked, (or you getting off it!), stand does not rotate backwards so readily,
This part is easily solved by just leaving it in 1st gear. In that condition, it's not going to roll enough to release the stand.

Having it lean a bit farther left might be nice, but your experience in that regard will depend on your suspension settings and the bike's loading, too. The stock suspension sags too much for my taste even on its stiffest setting. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Having it lean a bit farther left might be nice, but your experience in that regard will depend on your suspension settings and the bike's loading, too. The stock suspension sags too much for my taste even on its stiffest setting. :(
Put a set of raising links on it.
I put the 1" raising links on mine and had to add 1" to the Sidestand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts