StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. im new to this forum and couldn't find any information on the Vstrom 650 seat. it may be that my sit bones re bonny, but after 200km im sore. any suggestions, please

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
The stock 2012-2016 650 seats are painful/numbing for many. What year is it? I bought a custom Terry Adcox seat made in the US but there are many replacement seats. Look in the section of the 650s and you will find threads on the seats. Common problem.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Seat concepts make replacement foam and covers. Quite good, mine lasted around 80,000k's before it started to get a bit soft.

Another very inexpensive option - Ebay and search for "Sit&Fly"

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Seat Concepts replacement foam/cover are easy to install and roughly half the cost of an Adcox seat. It is fine for me, but my wife is still not comfy on the back with the new foam/cover. If I had it to do all over again, I'd go directly to Adcox.

·
Registered
355 Posts
After retiring from 50+ years of doing custom seats I now refer all my old customers to Terry. (I was dirt road seats) Check all the prices and you'll find that Terry is very reasonable , and everyone loves his work and customer service. Just a look at the above pic of SECoda's seat should be enough .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I developed a serious problem due to the fact that the stock seat cut off blood flow to my feet. My Adcox seat comes in Saturday. Full report to follow. The seat problems can be more than a lack of comfort!

·
Registered
307 Posts
If part of your issue is overheating in the crotch, go the cheap route first and order a Sit & Fly off eBay. I finally got out on my DL1K yesterday with the Sit&Fly installed. It does allow air flow under your butt.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
For rides of over 100 kilometers, I strap a cheap foam cushion about two inches thick onto the seat. It is nothing special, but it makes the difference between substantial discomfort that lasts a while, and mild discomfort that disappears a few minutes (and a few ounces) after I stop for the day.

Why not a permanent solution? I have more than one bike.

YMMV
Keith

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi all. im new to this forum and couldn't find any information on the Vstrom 650 seat. it may be that my sit bones re bonny, but after 200km im sore. any suggestions, please
Many here have the same problem with the oem seat..
Bought my vee about a year and a half back and YES, two hours+ and the numb butt starts to kick in pretty seriously.
Temporarily, I bought an AirHawk seat cushion, got it off the local Craigslist for half price and it does a great job. I ve forgotten about getting some kind of "new" seat, the AirHawk is good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I seem to be having luck with an Air Hawk and Alaskan Sheep skin.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Since the Vstrom is set up so good for it ,do what I all ways do.Stand awhile.Stock seat on my 011 and put over 59,000 on it.One 10,300 trip and one over 900 mile day back from Colorado trip and at 71 can still ride all day just need to move and stand a lot. Throttle lock,stand often,and move,move, move,and all day easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Terry Adcox is a great deal. After two seasons it works. Check his website. custom work to match bike color also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts