StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime this Summer I want to get down to Peavine Corridor. It's in Dark Canyon down near Blanding, Utah. I have not been there for many years, I do not know the condition of the road. Expect moderate to severe off-road conditions in some areas. Although, it could be a forest road cakewalk. Just be ready for anything.

Also, I'm going down to the San Rafael Swell some weekend soon to explore the area around Swasey's Cabin. There is reliable water there, but it could taste better. Green River is 30 or 40 miles away on superslab.

Both of these trips are considered desert camping.

If anyone is interested in joining me for either of these trips, let me know.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sometime this Summer I want to get down to Peavine Corridor. It's in Dark Canyon down near Blanding, Utah. I have not been there for many years, I do not know the condition of the road. Expect moderate to severe off-road conditions in some areas. Although, it could be a forest road cakewalk. Just be ready for anything.

Also, I'm going down to the San Rafael Swell some weekend soon to explore the area around Swasey's Cabin. There is reliable water there, but it could taste better. Green River is 30 or 40 miles away on superslab.

Both of these trips are considered desert camping.

If anyone is interested in joining me for either of these trips, let me know.
Possible dates for both????

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible dates for both????
Nope, was waiting to see if anyone else is interested. What weekends are you free?

Were you more interested in the Peavine Corridor trip or just some general desert riding?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Probably the San Rafael area. Is it better to go now or when the summer starts cooling off a little?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it better to go now or when the summer starts cooling off a little?
One of the nice things about the area: it's around 7000ft. It's pretty cool up there. The temperature can climb 30 degrees just driving the 40 miles to Green River.

As far as the Peavine Corridor trip, I was thinking of setting up camp at Natural Bridges National Monument. That way the trip would be interesting to more people. The slab sluts can tool around the desert highways and the dirt monkeys can come with me. We can all meet back at the campground.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is interested in these, let me know which weekends you are free. We will try to plan accordingly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts