StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed home on Monday evening on Route 611 near Doylestown doing about 75 when I noticed a large buck headed straight towards me flying down the shoulder of the highway. This was maybe 200 yards from the middle of town. Luckily there was thin traffic that night for a commute so people weren't darting all over the road. Just served as a reminder that, with the rut coming on the deer will be more active.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Middle Of Day

On hot summer days in TX, the deer are no where to be found. Now that it has cooled of a bit, they are crossing the twisties in the middle of the day. I missed hitting one yesterday. I should have known better to push it this late in the cycling season. Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep

We have many unreliable large animals this time of year in Colorado. I had a tete a tete with this guy stopped on a two lane. Photo courtesy of Ron Mikelson Photography. (Ron was not present, but the hammock is a dead giveaway)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I can count up to 20 dear on any given evening here near home, I typically reduce my speed near dusk by up to 20mph under the limit.
My wife does better at dropping dear with her car than I do with my .308, to top it off, she drops them on the same stretch of road...

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
I'm very surprised that bucks are already in the rut this early in the season, in northern new england, they don't start rutting till the end of November,

fawns would be born in the middle of winter :confused:

edit
found this

consistent with my latitude, in the south, the rut is spread quite a bit, ya I guess they might be wondering oblivious to anything but the scent of a doe

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
17,206 Posts
Tad too early for the rut in Ohio, but it is coming!!!!!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Headed home on Monday evening on Route 611 near Doylestown doing about 75 when I noticed a large buck headed straight towards me flying down the shoulder of the highway. This was maybe 200 yards from the middle of town. Luckily there was thin traffic that night for a commute so people weren't darting all over the road. Just served as a reminder that, with the rut coming on the deer will be more active.
Maybe you were wearing a provocative helmet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was discussing this with my girlfriend Cori a while back and decided to write a blog post about it. In looking for a pic to accompany the post I was having trouble finding one. Cori said "just google '2 deer ****ing". That yielded some results I really couldn't use. Anyway, here's a link to the post if anyone's interested.

As deer season approaches… | Commuting Motorcyclist

Be safe.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I can count up to 20 dear on any given evening here near home,

Me too, they're standing on the corners of about 6 blocks on the est side of town.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
One of the signs that the rut is coming is when the "boys" quit hanging out together at night. I check my back pasture with a headlight almost every night -- my resident 10-point "Frank" showed up all by himself for the first time about four days ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts