StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A week ago I traveled from St. Louis to Michigan. At the time I did not know I was about to buy the perfect motorcycle. It's a 2004 Vee 1000, and what a hoot... A bike you can spank the average sport bike, then hide in the woods and do it all over again.

It may be just the perfect do-all bike. So far I have put about 400 miles on it, and maybe 80 of those were gravel and fire roads.

I'm very happy with this purchase.. I have had BMW GSA, and my Strom is way better in the forest service roads. Feels lighter, and easy to throw around.

The perfect bike???? I think so...

Smitty

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yep you are about there........ The journey will be complete when you purchase a WEE :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
A week ago I traveled from St. Louis to Michigan. At the time I did not know I was about to buy the perfect motorcycle. It's a 2004 Vee 1000, and what a hoot... A bike you can spank the average sport bike, then hide in the woods and do it all over again. //
Glad you like the bike, but not even close.

If you are going to "spank" a sport bike, choose your opposing rider very carefully. Back-to-back, an expert racer was over 20 seconds a lap slower on my bike than a 600cc sport bike, which means in a typical ten lap race he would lap it twice.....

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Oh, don't rain on his parade....he's still glowing from a great ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you like the bike, but not even close.

If you are going to "spank" a sport bike, choose your opposing rider very carefully. Back-to-back, an expert racer was over 20 seconds a lap slower on my bike than a 600cc sport bike, which means in a typical ten lap race he would lap it twice.....
True, you have to pick your battles... The other day I spanked a young squid on a CBR 600 in the twistys with my 2012 Wing... Down the road about 10 mile I stopped for breakfast and he also stopped. I ask if he has ever been passed by a bike with a trailer hitch....:thumbup:

He didn't have much to say...

Smitty

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
vee spanked another HD

You can spank any cruiser on the road.
I had a bad ass, bored out, cam, heads, valves, exhaust, carb, big 250 rear tire, you name it he's had it done HD, making fun of my Vee a couple of months ago.
I said, "talk is cheap, let's take 'em out here a breed 'em up." He laughed, "you ain't got a chance." I didn't even hit the throttle stop or get close to redline, plus I got out of the throttle twice to wait for him, and still beat him.
Of course he said, "my sh-t ain't runnin' right." "Neither is mine, let me know when you're runnin' right and we'll do it again" I said. The HD boys were not happy. Oh well!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If I ever go to a model specific forum and there aren't people swooning and proclaiming their bike as the best thing ever, bragging how they are thrashing sport bikes and Harleys left and right, good for everything.........well, I think I will then be able to say I've seen it all.:green_lol:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I had a guy on a big dollar HD bagger absolutely eat my lunch recently. It was freeway and curves did not enter the equation.

I absolutely love my Vee...but it has yet to crap a golden egg for me. It does almost all things moto well. But it ain't a sport bike and it sure ain't a dirt bike.
It is like a pair of jeans. I try to wear it everywhere I go, but sometimes sweat pants or a suit is better.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
not even close to a perfect bike

a perfect bike would be like a Higgs Boson - it would have no mass at rest (and thus not fall over at each opportunity you present it with)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My V is far from the best bike ever,BUT it's the best bike I own right now !!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I've said this is my favorite/best bike ever so many time.......I have no credibility :eek:rig_frown:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
a perfect bike would be like a Higgs Boson - it would have no mass at rest (and thus not fall over at each opportunity you present it with)
Certainly not my Strom. Down every chance it gets.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Smitty:

Glad you like it. Fun bike isn't it??

Hope to ride again with you soon.

BAnks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smitty:

Glad you like it. Fun bike isn't it??

Hope to ride again with you soon.

BAnks
Good hearing from you Banks.

My new bike is always my "Greatest bike ever" and plan to keep it forever. For the few who know me, forever is 10 to 12 months.. Or 40,000 what ever comes first...

Smitty

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
A Higgs Boson walks into a Catholic chapel. The Priest says "we don't get many of your kind around here."

The particle replies "Then how do you celebrate Mass?"

·
Registered
231 Posts
men ride 1000.....not .65 of a litre....lmfao........it's the rider not the bike boyz be carefull who you challange....as they have said do not judge a man until u look in his shed...

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Vee is a good bike. Not a great bike, unless you add in "...for the money"

And in no way, no shape, no form is it a threat to any sport bike made in the last 10 years, ridden by a rider who has an inkling of what he's doing.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying mine. But the list of things that this bike needs to bring it up to par is long. Fortunately, the value is reflected in the price...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Congrats on your bike and WTTC.......you sure didn't go wrong and I know that feeling of UH OH, I made a mistake...on the otherhand, it sure is a GREAT feeling when you are riding your new-to-you bike and you feel the grips in your hands, the "feel" of the machine and you just know, you know that it's a good machine and it fits you well.....THAT is the feeling that every manufacturer strives to give every new owner, enjoy it!

I am usually never happy very long on a bike and used to go through them like girls but I bought my k7 new and have no plans on selling it, it's just too good for what I use it for. There are better, newer, more expensive bikes, but I like my V. ....and the fact that it was 7400 out the door just makes it a hoot when the kaw connie guy is telling me that his note is over 400 a month...

Have fun and enjoy!

jeff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts