StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... is the cost of the farkles (i'm trying to learn the lingo)!!! I just priced out what I wanted (engine guard & skid plate, side & top cases, side rack for side case and additional lighting) and it'll cost me damn near $1,800.

But oh how FUN it is to shop for it!!!:thumbup:

That is all.. Please resume your normal Wee Strom surfing.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Look on the bright side.

You can spend all that and more on farkles, get all the goodies.

And it will still cost you less than a stock BMW. :fineprint:

Cost you less to maintain, and be more fun to ride. :thumbup:

So.....did you get the Wee or the Vee?
[I may have missed your intro post somewhere]

Pics needed :yesnod:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yup, but everytime I sell a bike I take the farkles of, and sell them. I then use the money for the next bikes do-dads. Thus it seems as if I am not spending new money, just recirculating the same. Also having the extras has never helped sell a bike as far as I can tell, just loss of the money put into the add-ons. My parsimonious 2 cents.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look on the bright side.

You can spend all that and more on farkles, get all the goodies.

Cost you less to maintain, and be more fun to ride. :thumbup:

So.....did you get the Wee or the Vee?
[I may have missed your intro post somewhere]

Pics needed :yesnod:

Very, very true!!! That's one reason I didn't go for the BMW.. Way, way too pricey for my blood.

I haven't gotten the Wee just yet, though it's pretty much mine. Deposit has been put down and tomorrow I head back to the dealer to finalize everything (trade in, paperwork, down payment, ass being handed to me, etc.).

But I'm super excited!

And PSO - That's what I'm planning on.. I only have a handful of things to sell, but at least it's a start!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
It's kind of nice to spend the money. Typically I analyze every single purchase I make, but in prepping the Wee for a long trip, I knew there were a bunch of things I needed/wanted, and just let myself go on a number of shopping sprees over the span of several months. Fun! :thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Don't underestimate the enjoyment of riding the damn thing once in a while.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Riding? Who actually RIDES these things? I thought it was all about the farkles!! :bom_laugh4:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
?..

Or most any other high-dollar bike. I've been checking out Goldwings, R1200RTs and others, and many of those owners are buying the same damn things we are!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Riding? Who actually RIDES these things? I thought it was all about the farkles!! :bom_laugh4:
At least a rider will end up with a nicely-equipped, low-mileage bike when you get tired of the farkling and dump it on Craigslist.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Farkles are not bad. (including having to gear up from scratch I'm up to about 4K. Don't tell my wife!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeppers, waiting for my farkles to arrive now....Happy Trails has shipped (skid plate and engine guard) as has the new GPS and RAM mount. Panniers and center stand are on order but not shipped yet. Can't wait. Free handguards that the dealer threw in arrived at the dealer yesterday - going to pick them up as soon as I finish my coffee.

The rest will be small stuff that I look forward to adding - the accessory plugs and stuff - which will be done with parts that I can pick up local.

But when everything is finished, I should have a FUN little dual sport for around 10k (+/-) that is capable of coast to coast chills, thrills (and hopefully no spills - but should have some protection if even that happens).

Far less than stock Beemer or any kind of cruiser that is capable of hauling my big butt. With the cost of the bike (new), the gas mileage and even the overall low cost of the farkles (a lot of sales going on right now - heck the GPS listed for almost $400 and picked it up new for less than 2 - you can pick them up for less than a $100 if you want), I think the Wee is one of the most economical Dualsports there is on the market - if not THE most economical. Actually, not just one of the most economical dualsports, but one of the most economical bikes - period.

I had a set budget for a new bike and ANY other bike would have required me to sell my Valkyrie and pay the difference. I was able to pick up the Wee, farkle it up (shhhhh, don't tell the wife) and still keep the Valk as a stable mate.

Sweet thing about the farkles is now, there is not much more I want to do as far as major stuff - bike should be set up in a couple of weeks for any major touring. The thing about other bikes (such as cruisers) is that you spend a TON (and I mean a TON) of money on BLING - not farkles. Chrome goodies that you have to polish constantly and don't really serve a purpose - other than reflect sunlight.

Let me go see if the Brown Santa has delivered any of my farkles today - let the farkling begin!!! Weeee-Heeee! (PS: Have I said how much I love this bike yet?) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pre farkled Wee....(The Dark Shadow)

Blinged Valk (Traveller) - a lot more $$$$ and the Wee's stablemate.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
At least a rider will end up with a nicely-equipped, low-mileage bike when you get tired of the farkling and dump it on Craigslist.
I'm really hoping I can put some miles on it... My commute is about 100 miles round trip, so that should help! I've been looking for the "perfect" bike and after two cruisers with relatively low milage on them, I feel fairly certain this is the one!:thumbup:

Strider, I can certainly agree with you on the chrome... It got that way with the C50.. Oh, chrome you say that has no real value? PUT IT ON!!!! And then the real world set in when I realized that I actually have to clean it.. Blerg.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm really hoping I can put some miles on it... My commute is about 100 miles round trip, so that should help! I've been looking for the "perfect" bike and after two cruisers with relatively low milage on them, I feel fairly certain this is the one!:thumbup:
Hopefully it's the Beach and not Trenton.

Not that there's anything wrong with Trenton.................

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

haha if only! Actually, it's across the Delaware into PA.. About... Oh, an hour going there and an hour and a half back (with traffic). Not pleasant on a bike in the baking heat while sitting in stop & go.

Stupid traffic.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeppers, waiting for my farkles to arrive now....Happy Trails has shipped (skid plate and engine guard) as has the new GPS and RAM mount. Panniers and center stand are on order but not shipped yet. Can't wait. Free handguards that the dealer threw in arrived at the dealer yesterday - going to pick them up as soon as I finish my coffee.

The rest will be small stuff that I look forward to adding - the accessory plugs and stuff - which will be done with parts that I can pick up local.

But when everything is finished, I should have a FUN little dual sport for around 10k (+/-) that is capable of coast to coast chills, thrills (and hopefully no spills - but should have some protection if even that happens).

Far less than stock Beemer or any kind of cruiser that is capable of hauling my big butt. With the cost of the bike (new), the gas mileage and even the overall low cost of the farkles (a lot of sales going on right now - heck the GPS listed for almost $400 and picked it up new for less than 2 - you can pick them up for less than a $100 if you want), I think the Wee is one of the most economical Dualsports there is on the market - if not THE most economical. Actually, not just one of the most economical dualsports, but one of the most economical bikes - period.

I had a set budget for a new bike and ANY other bike would have required me to sell my Valkyrie and pay the difference. I was able to pick up the Wee, farkle it up (shhhhh, don't tell the wife) and still keep the Valk as a stable mate.

Sweet thing about the farkles is now, there is not much more I want to do as far as major stuff - bike should be set up in a couple of weeks for any major touring. The thing about other bikes (such as cruisers) is that you spend a TON (and I mean a TON) of money on BLING - not farkles. Chrome goodies that you have to polish constantly and don't really serve a purpose - other than reflect sunlight.

Let me go see if the Brown Santa has delivered any of my farkles today - let the farkling begin!!! Weeee-Heeee! (PS: Have I said how much I love this bike yet?) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pre farkled Wee....(The Dark Shadow) HEY!!

Blinged Valk (Traveller) - a lot more $$$$ and the Wee's stablemate.

You might as well the sell the Valk now. It wont get ridden anymore:mrgreen:

·
Registered
300 Posts
You can get a very nice skid plate from narcosisjunky (here on the forum) and Twisted Throttle sometimes has crash bars on clearance. Cheers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Twisted Throttle Outlet stuff for Stroms..

Here's what they have right now.........

Suzuki

MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Suzuki DL650/DL1000 V-Strom, GSX-R600/GSX-R750 08-, GSX-R1000 05-, GSF1250 Bandit, Hayabusa 99-09, and B-King) (Item No: MFW.051.06.11.30) with (MFW.051.00.00.50) 50mm extension-arms AND (MFW.050.00.01.00-1) MFW Silver Racing Pegs (Condition: Lightly Installed -- 50% off each component, sold together)

SW-MOTECH Centerstand (Suzuki SV650S and SV650N, '03-) (Item No: HPS.05.219.100) (Condition: Lightly Installed - 50% off)

Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Suzuki Gladius 650, '09-) for PLX sidecases only (Item No: Givi PLX540) (Condition: Installed - 50% (40/11.16-30/08.25.10))

SW-MOTECH mirror wideners (Suzuki GSXR600, '06-, GSXR750, '06- and GSXR1000, '05-) (Item No: SVL.05.501.106) (Condition Installed - 50% (40/11.16-30/07.14.2010))

MRA Spoiler Screen Windshield for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, '99-'07 (Color - 8-SHADOW LINE BLACK) (Item No: MRA.05.050.S.8) (Condition B - 50% - 5675 (50/11.16-30/40/7.15.10))

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't need to read any of the other posts in response to your OP. I couldn't agree more. I jus love shoppin'. Let get on wit the spendin' o' money!

... is the cost of the farkles (i'm trying to learn the lingo)!!! I just priced out what I wanted (engine guard & skid plate, side & top cases, side rack for side case and additional lighting) and it'll cost me damn near $1,800.

That is all.. Please resume your normal Wee Strom surfing.

·
Registered
522 Posts

Hey now, I have 2 godchildren in Trenton, so there are at least 2 good places in Trenton... Wait a second, there moving next week to Boston. I guess that would remove the 2 good places in Trenton?:confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts