StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...has the new DL1000 V-Strom in "Cook's Corner" (page 6) AND "Up To Speed" (page 12) -- pretty neat.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My flux capacitor broke and I cannot travel to October 2013 yet. Guess I'll have to wait. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I guess I'll run out and get it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Geez, I haven't looked at a motorcycle magazine in over 20 years...so I decided now would be a good time to start again and see if I've missed anything. Paid for a three year sub to Motorcyclist about five weeks ago strictly on the basis of a couple of well written (in my opinion) online articles. Wondering now if I'll get the Oct. issue...

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Any new photos of the 2014 Vleek that we have not seen before??? I would have thought Suzuki would "release it" officially prior to the Magazine guys getting a chance at it?????? :confused:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Any new photos of the 2014 Vleek that we have not seen before??? I would have thought Suzuki would "release it" officially prior to the Magazine guys getting a chance at it?????? :confused:
There are some photos of the new DL in the article. The editors say it's exactly like the prototype, but the beak and a few other items look different to me.

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
Cooks Corner is a harley burger bar. It's on a kinda windy back canyon road. Not really a riders road. Perfect for posing on the Big Twin.
Not a place any self respecting Strommer would be for any length of time.:green_lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Joe Gresh is back in print in this latest issue so as always that makes it a better read.

Cook's article on the Veek is just more speculation about what the bike may be like, added with whining about how Suzuki didn't do enough (which I find curious when no one really knows exactly what they did or didn't do yet).

·
Registered
21 Posts
You guys from this forum know 100 times more about the V Strom than ANY motorcycle magazine knows!
If the people from a motorcycle magazine would read this forum and learn just a little from it they would offer a creditable and honest review.

Please never put too much stock in what an unknown reviewer from a motorcycle magazine says about any bike,, you love that bike for reasons they will NEVER understand.

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
"Please never put too much stock in what an unknown reviewer from a motorcycle magazine says about any bike"

What did they tell us in the service..." Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts