StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya bet that the next generation Strom will follow the lead of the new Triumph Tiger and that Kawasaki thing & have a 17" front wheel/tire?

That may not be such a bad thing for those of us that don't venture onto two-tracks much, but for me, I'd mourn the loss of that ability.

What do y'all WANT in the "next" V-Strom?

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Gotta agree with just about everything Clintk said.

The only thing I would suggest is a better suspension.

But you know, for $6700 bucks, I think I got the best damn deal on a bike that will take me just about everywhere my twisted mind wants to go.

Tige

·
Registered
988 Posts
Better saddle. Suzuki must be getting kickbacks from Corbin, Sargent, etc, etc ;)

And tuning that doesn't require a PCIII to make it run right. :mad:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'd like to see Suzuki eliminate both models and come up with something like an 800cc that has the power of the 1000 and weighs less than the current 650. Better suspension with 8" of travel. Keep the 19" front wheel and 6 gal tank. Fix the buffeting. I thought the stock seat was OK, just a bit short (650).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not much I would change. For my riding, I would really like to see a front 17" wheel. That is what I miss the most. but, I am not an off road junkie with this bike either. That is what I ride dirt bikes for.

The seat is just startign to bug me after 35k miles. The 650 moter is sooo smooth and does everything great.

Suspension is pretty soft, but for those that dig the dirt, this could be a blessing for some of them.

Really though, I have little to say about a new Strombonim after all, I already have one so why would I buy another?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Another thread for an OEM to get off the duff and build us the perfect bike. hohum :|

WHY don't they just build a "Transformer". Push a button and it's the ultimate street bike. Push again and it's the ultimate offroad bike. :rolleyes:

Maybe OEMs can build a bike, after market companies can build accessories for us to choose from to build to our liking. Oh, we kind of have that now, don't we???

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
All of these things sound nice. I think I would really like to keep the price reasonable as possible though. But, while we are dreaming, how about a seat that is not only upgraded but one that also hinges so accessing the storage is a little more handy. Oh yea, and add about 2" to the mirror stalks. :)

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
But, while we are dreaming, how about a seat that is not only upgraded but one that also hinges so accessing the storage is a little more handy.
You mean like the way all bike seats used to fit 30 years ago. That would be a great advance for the Japanese to reinvent.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Uh, improving access to underseat storage = reverting to 20 year old seat comfort/design?
Sorry if I don't follow. :???:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dually

Add dual exhaust pipes for the 650. Would look and sound better.

A less chunky looking exhaust can design also. Maybe something along the lines of a VFR or the new Ducati Super Motard.

Standard bash plates, hand guards as others have mentioned as well.

Of course adding these upgrades would add to cost...

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is the first complaint I've heard about this. I thought I was the only one! I can't see Mom in her minivan talking on the phone behind me without tucking my elbows in.
There are other threads about this. I bought the KTM mirrors. They work great. I can easily see behind me. And they look good at that. Lower profile, don't vibrate much, less wind resistance/buffeting etc..... $80 for the pair but far better quality the any after market mirrors.

And yes, the more Stuff added from OEM, the more the base line cost is going to increase.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd like to see at least 10 or 20 pounds less weight, standard engine guards, hand guards, and bash plate, standard center stand, fully adjustable suspension, and a better seat.

Come on, SOMEONE build a successor to the Africa Twin. I don't care who it is.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
There are other threads about this. I bought the KTM mirrors. They work great. I can easily see behind me. And they look good at that. Lower profile, don't vibrate much, less wind resistance/buffeting etc..... $80 for the pair but far better quality the any after market mirrors.
You wouldn't have a pic of that set-up? I'd be really interested in buying them. There's a lot of wind bouncing off those stock DL650 mirrors.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
I'd like to see at least 10 or 20 pounds less weight, standard engine guards, hand guards, and bash plate, standard center stand, fully adjustable suspension, and a better seat.

Come on, SOMEONE build a successor to the Africa Twin. I don't care who it is.

Add the heavy hardware and have the bike weigh even 10 pounds less:lol:

What I'd like to see

1200cc
2 range transmission
heated grips stock equipment
750-800 watt alternator
built in accessory power source(s)
electric adjustable windscreen
larger underseat storage

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts