StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, after yet another post about how the strom isn't an offroad bike I have decided that in the spirit of the Flat Black Club to start a new club.

We will call it the Stromtrooper Offroad Riders.

Member Roster: (used to be on the bottom)
Coop74: #1
Tige: #2
GrayWolf: #3
JetJaguar: #4
Lucky_Strike: #5
CaveHamster: #6
Forseti: #7
PDXStrom: #8
HandyHiker: #9
GeoBiker: #10
OpusX: #11
FryeG7: #12
LaDukeBob: #13
BlueRidgeWee: #14
CrazyRussian: #15
Stromin'Nroman: #16
ooDeano: #17
Bitter Born: #18
xDownSetx: #19
BrianJonesPhoto: #20
Trooper72: #21
PghRedBean: #22
SenordrummeR2: #23
HikerGPS: #24
DrDale: #25
BadKarmaPa: #26
OldSchooler: #27
Slick_Kipper: #28
Snow4Brains: #29
Jnoflane2: #30
HikryNut: #31
Chromer: #32
TomR62262: #33
Chuck0334: #34
Garandman: #35
Tomcat: #36
395Dog: #37
BCRides: #38
Snooze: #39
JustDan: #40

Anyone who wants to join is welcome. We will have at least one get together each year in which we take an off road ride. Other then that I'm just handing out numbers and asking for pictures.

I expect all kinds of pictures from the fun:

The end of the road:

The middle of the road:

And even WAY off road:

Welcome to the club.
-GW

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It appears as though you will need to join the club to go off road. At this point it looks as though it may take at least 2/3 of the club to pick up your bike when it has been dropped while the other 1/3 of the club is laughing and taking pictures. Looks like fun to me. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
EWWWW, Dirty bike!!!

AARRRGGHHH!!!!

Fluffy would get DIRTY if I took her off the nice clean pavement.

Animals! You have no souls!

Now go apologize to your bikes and wash them...

Dirt, really...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears as though you will need to join the club to go off road. At this point it looks as though it may take at least 2/3 of the club to pick up your bike when it has been dropped while the other 1/3 of the club is laughing and taking pictures. Looks like fun to me. :-D
Actually there were two of us laughing, but python does not have a strom so he doesn't count. And for the "way off the road" pics I think it took six people to drag it back up. That said neither bike sustained damage.

In additon we took about 20 stromtroopers off road last june without any incidents like that one.

http://www.youtube.com/aagray007

-GW

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know Gray, if I did that water crossing, you guys would still be dredging the water for me and my Wee :/
Nah, half those guys hadn't been offroad, a couple were on pure street tires. Everyone made it and there wasn't a single fall. You would have gotten through it.

-GW

·
Registered
264 Posts
Actually there were two of us laughing, but python does not have a strom so he doesn't count. And for the "way off the road" pics I think it took six people to drag it back up. That said neither bike sustained damage.

In additon we took about 20 stromtroopers off road last june without any incidents like that one.

http://www.youtube.com/aagray007

-GW

That looked like a blast! I would love to join you guys on a ride like that!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cool, I'm in. BTW, those "way off road" pics remind me of an old Japanese WWII fighter that crashed in some South Pacific jungle during the war and has been recently rediscovered.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looked like a blast! I would love to join you guys on a ride like that!
Well Alaska in July has stolen all our time, however, we will be doing a couple of ride out that way this year. How do you feel about riding to Tennessee?

-GW

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'm in. BTW, those "way off road" pics remind me of an old Japanese WWII fighter that crashed in some South Pacific jungle during the war and has been recently rediscovered.
I think you more then qualify to take the 4th slot. I was so disappointed this weekend when I ordered distanza's instead of some TKC's. Damn those look GOOD! I'm going to pick up some bedliner myself today for my topcase. I'm wondering how much of the bike will escape...

-GW

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watch out for that last step..

Hey, that looks like fun!

Its just a little mud

Where the hell did GrayWolf go?

Oh, there he is, dude, didn't you know its a dead end up there!

WEEEEEEEE

Anyone recognize this crossing?

Hint: in the video we go the other direction.. oh, and I never posted the video of this crossing.

Gads, I need to get my ass back down to Tennessee.

-GW

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice! That mean you want to join? :var_22:

:devil_45:

-GW
YOU SPEAK OF THE TRUTH BROTHER. by the way, i got all that chain issue figured out. good advice from ya. replaced the front sprocket with a 15t, new chain, new rubber hub inserts and a carrier bearing. bike runs like a 1k should

p.s. you cant really see it but thats a temp tag on the strom, 1st day out and had to get her muddy

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Off road? Why, I've never been offroad...

Or ridden through rocky streams...

Or considered the 'strom to be a viable platform for camping...

Or puttered around in the weeds...

Hehehe...

I'd be tempted to put some knobbies on the bike, but I ride too many miles commuting and on the highway...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YOU SPEAK OF THE TRUTH BROTHER. by the way, i got all that chain issue figured out. good advice from ya. replaced the front sprocket with a 15t, new chain, new rubber hub inserts and a carrier bearing. bike runs like a 1k should

p.s. you cant really see it but thats a temp tag on the strom, 1st day out and had to get her muddy
Member #5.. watch out flat black 100, we are on our way! First day, everyone else is a PANSY!

-GW

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay, just spoke to Tige and he informed me that I needed to post a picture of MY bike down.

Now as you all know I don't actually drop my bike but as an EVIL MOD :devil_45: I'm sure Tige will edit this post with a doctored photo....

Note the cleverly placed reflective "Alaska ABATE" bumper sticker. If you are riding down the road in the dark during a rainstorm and see a reflective rectangle lying in the middle of the road slow down, I probably need your help picking up the bike.... :cool:

-GW

·
Registered
725 Posts
Now go apologize to your bikes and wash them...
Huh? Motorcycles are washable? :new_confused2:

I'm going to pick up some bedliner myself today for my topcase. I'm wondering how much of the bike will escape...
Watch where you put that bedliner, it's like asphalt. If you do your tank you'll need a tank bra. Not to keep the bedliner from being scratched, but to keep it from wearing through your jacket. :D I did the lower exhaust heatshield and an extra set of "beater" dirt fairings that I throw on when I'm going on dirt. Eventually I may do the crashbars and luggage rack.

·
Registered
475 Posts
So in order to qualify to join do you have to drop the bike in the dirt or can you just ride it??? :bom_beatnik2:

And not one sleeping bike in the lot! :devil_35:

1 - 20 of 180 Posts