StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally after so many bs phone calls and text messges and low ball offers have sold my bike to someone who really is going to appreciate it. Now my search for a glee starts. Ive searched the forsale ads here and everyone is way to far away or out of my price range. I am willing to travel a bit but im not going cross country to get one. any other ideas where to look to find one? before any one goes off I live in the allentown area of pennsylvania which is about an hour north of philladelphia for anyone not knowing where allentown is. I have searched craigslist in every town from every state including Pennsylvania, new jersey, newyork, vermont, connecticut, rhode island, massachutes, maryland, virgina, north carolina, west virgina, virgina, delaware, and ohio. then i checked ebay. i dont know where else to look i am a cash buyer with cash in hand and im willing to travel what more could someone ask for. I dont want to do this forever.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
any other ideas where to look to find one?...i dont know where else to look i am a cash buyer with cash in hand and im willing to travel...
Have you checked on the bike dljocky has / had for sale on this site? Was very tempting to me, and I'm very satisfied with my Wee. Was the best glee deal I've seen...

Good luck.

·
Registered
817 Posts
cycletrader?

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
For sale section here by chance?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are you looking for a new one? Local dealer in Toledo Ohio offer. Glee 2013 for US$6900.00. In fact I got one deal like this. It should show in CycleTrader.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I think we need to know just what it is your looking for and what you're expecting to pay. If this is one of those deals where you expect them to essentially give you the bike and throw in a bunch of farkles you might be looking a while. If not some of these guys might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I had the same issues. Couldn't find anything remotely local in a 2012 or 2013 model. Decided to get a 2013 "leftover" from a dealer. Made me a really good deal and got 0% financing. Plus with a brand new bike you know the history.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dljockey has someone interested in his already and I have messaged him about it already.. My limit is 6500 and it can be stock.. I found a brand new 12 in orange which is what I want and they want 7k for it.. But after travel and taxes it'll put me 1000-1200 over what I can afford and I've been all over the forsale section many times and every page

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sales are up in Spring, so prices follow suit. If you could wait for Fall you might get a price you like, or just keep looking. Maybe you will get lucky.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait till fall, I have nothing to ride

·
Registered
288 Posts
I can't wait till fall, I have nothing to ride
Ooops!... Didn't think that one through well did ya LOL :green_lol:

I feel your pain though. I will have six weeks without my bike this summer... Don't feel bad for me though I am riding it to Alaska where it will sit the six weeks and wait for my return.

Not sure what you sold. I was set on a '12 or '13 650 myself until my local dealer who I know and trust called me with a '05 650. Dad had bought the '12 ADV version and I had ridden it some. When I saw the '05 with almost everything I needed on it I just knew I would buy it. And Love it. Honestly other than looks of the bike I cannot tell much difference in the two. My bike had 11K miles and they wanted 4500. I got them down a few hundred and traded in my old bike. I could have got a bit more selling it out right but for a couple hundred bucks I didn't want to finance the extra and didn't have the cash at the time. I basically traded to the V-Strom for $2500.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw that you did that in another post... I really like the 12+ stroms more.. I'd consider an older one if it has all the right stuff on it but I really want a newer one. If I had a few more bucks I wouldn't have a problem and could get a new 12 in orange which is the color I want and it's a great deal its just I don't want to finance the rest because I have enough financed and don't want another payment

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
And.....we all want that killer deal, don't we?
I think your expectations might be a little high. $6500 for a brand new Glee is gonna be a hard shoe to fill, especially since the season is nearing. The Glee sells well, dealers don't haggle too much on price.
I think realistically you have two choices.....Wait until the season is over or bite the bullet and raise your limit another $1000.00 (to include taxes and other fees).
But.......you never know......Someone wins the lottery every day :sly:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I saw that you did that in another post... I really like the 12+ stroms more.. I'd consider an older one if it has all the right stuff on it but I really want a newer one. If I had a few more bucks I wouldn't have a problem and could get a new 12 in orange which is the color I want and it's a great deal its just I don't want to finance the rest because I have enough financed and don't want another payment

I can understand that. I hate financing but sometimes you have to. I got a low rate so the payment is super low and only for a couple year (not that I'll let it go that long) I've made the mistake of over stretching myself in the past... sucks. Then your just a slave to the loan...

As for the new vs old. Dad said he wishes he had waited for an older bike and saved the difference. But that is how he does about everything. Smartest guy I know when it comes to money. Built a business from nothing to a success now I am fortunate enough to work with him building it further.

Good luck on your search for the right bike. Let us know what you find/decide.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You might want to call this dealer in Baltimore. Asking just a bit higher than you want, $6799.

2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS

hint - you can search all of craigslist by googling:
"2012 Suzuki DL650 site:craigslist.org", for example.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
So far the 2014 are vaporware

When/if they start moving 2002 to 2012 will be abundant and cheap

If you bought and old on you can keep it for a couple of years and get like 85% of the price back out of it

·
Registered
265 Posts
You might want to call this dealer in Baltimore. Asking just a bit higher than you want, $6799.

2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS
It is really a good deal. Consider that under cowling cost is about US$230.00, then the bike price as standard becomes US$6570.00. The only thing you are missing not buying a new one is ONE YEAR WARRANTY, which sometimes is good.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Everybody's fantasy, a dealer that sells below cost and makes it up in volume. No wonder Suzuki was just about tits up. (and may still be).

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im not saying i need a new one.. I actually dont want a new one but i wont turn one down if i find a steal on one and i have. the 12 in orange i found is brand new for 7000. i think im just going to have to let go and get a wee instead of a glee.. I really dont want to over extend myself and then after travel expenses and then servicing it (i never take anyones word for anything) its just going to be more then i can really put out

And.....we all want that killer deal, don't we?
I think your expectations might be a little high. $6500 for a brand new Glee is gonna be a hard shoe to fill, especially since the season is nearing. The Glee sells well, dealers don't haggle too much on price.
I think realistically you have two choices.....Wait until the season is over or bite the bullet and raise your limit another $1000.00 (to include taxes and other fees).
But.......you never know......Someone wins the lottery every day :sly:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts