StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the fishing has slowed down. My chores were done. I was caught up at work. Yesterday it was warm enough to get a ride in wearing my summer kit.

I decided to make a run to historic Madison, Indiana, hoping I could get a cup of good coffee at the local brew-house. Back-roaded my way there and saw lots of cruisers out and about for a Thursday. It looks like people are taking advantage of the time off. The coffee shop was empty and 2 nice baristas were looking bored. I even wore my mask when I went in, doing the socially correct thing. Ordered a large caramel Latte, almond milk, and with an extra shot of espresso to perk me up. Left way more tip than normal figuring they were needing it. Went out front to the sidewalk and got a table.

I met a guy there on a BMW 800 who was local and we had a nice convo. BMW guy said the barber shop in town should be open. They are still closed for 2 more months on my side of the river in Kentucky. I rode over to it, but the single owner/barber was backed up 1-1/2 hours and I didn't want to wait. What's the use, I already look like a curly haired cave man anyway. Pretty soon I will need a trim or a larger helmet.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've been cutting my own for nearly 20 yrs, but as I am mostly bald it's not much of a chore.

The VFW is open again, with the American Legion soon to follow. This is great news as I am getting tired of drinking at home.

We each suffer in our own way.

·
Vendor
5,095 Posts
Someone long ago told me you should always over tip breakfast waitresses. The logic being breakfast doesn't cost much and they work harder during breakfast than any other meal.

My barber shop is the classic Mayberry type except much older. It opened in the second decade last century. The current Barbers are the classic small town types that know much of their clientele by name. I need to stop by and drop an an anonymous envelope in the mail slot for the haircuts I would have got if they were open. They only charge $7.00 for a haircut. I have been after them to raise prices. Probably a memorable tip as well.

That will give her a little story to tell when she finally reopens.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
I've been cutting my hair for over a year now. Never thought to start a hair ball fund squirreling away what i would have paid the regular hair cutter...plus tip! I'da had some mad money to spend. It's not hard to do and I still look relatively decent, for an old ugly guy.

It's plenty warm enough for those pleasant little day rides here. Your's sounds like a good'un!

Gotta pick the right bike though. A friend just got an Enfield 650. Took it on a 200 mile day ride and was too beat to do a hamburger run up the mountain a couple days later. I sure don't remember my 650 Ariel ever beating me up that badly. But I wasn't 73 years old when I rode it!:eek:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a full mop of curly hair still. My wife has offered to cut it, but she has an evil grin I am not liking.

I have used the same stylist for over 10 years now. I hate change, so I may wait it out. I might look like Peter Frampton by then.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
It's been over 2 months, I would not look good at 84 with a Hollywood type manbun 😝 hope the barbershop opens soon.😊

1 - 11 of 11 Posts