StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in today, and only was able to ride with it home this evening. So far I'm liking it~!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Let us know how you like it after some extended use. I'm
interested in the noise level. Thanks
I only have the HJC Sy-Max II and Sy-Max to compare it to..but I can tell you it's much, much quieter then those two. The first thing I noticed when I rode home.

The vent is pretty amazng..when I opened it up last night the top of my head got cold..hahaha I rode the Burgman yesterday because I needed to bring something else home, I'll ride the Wee today and see, then this weekend, I'll uncork the Akrapovic and really see...hahaha

mark444: It's Shoei's new Neotec..expensive~!.$555 I picked it up from Competetion Accessories, only a 20 mile home..but I like it so far.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
mark444: It's Shoei's new Neotec..expensive~!.$555 I picked it up from Competetion Accessories, only a 20 mile home..but I like it so far.
Kool..............I thought they were over $600, so it sounds like you got a good deal. I want to get something more upscale than my HJC Sy-Max.......hard for me to let go off 600 clams, but maybe one will show up used in a few months or so..........??? I would also get the white version......

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was checking out a dark grey of this helmet on Saturday. Local BMW dealer is going to be carrying it, but they have only received a medium so far. I am due for a helmet upgrade, do I will be checking this model out extensively once they have my size in stock.

Good to hear about how quiet your helmet was. How did the weight compare to your other helmets?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did the weight compare to your other helmets?
Looks like the Shoei weighs 4lbs in an extra large, and a Sy-Max is just alittle less the 3 oz lighter in a extra large. My Sy-Max II is at the office, since I couldn't bring it back yesterday, but it's a 2xl. I don't really notice..short thick neck...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just want to add that I have a Sy-Max III and don't have a noise problem after installing a chin curtain. Although it does make fogging an issue, since it seals a little too well against outside air!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rode the Wee in, and the helmet for me is quiet.. but, with the vent open, it lets in alot of air, but you can really hear it when your head is in the wind and is pretty loud. The sound varied with the angle of my head, so it might be I had my chin up or something. I may have to adjust the shield to kick the air up higher, or lower so I'm not as upright to look over the top.

I cut the noise reducer around midway on the Akrapovic, since with it out, the booming sound on the freeway was too much for me..I think I can give it a go with it removed this weekend. I'm more concerned about the neighbors..hahaha :furious:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very nice! I have the Shoei Multi Tec & really like it. It's getting a bit long in the tooth though(6 yrs). I like that White. Is that the "pearl" white?

I may have to start shopping :yesnod:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! I have the Shoei Multi Tec & really like it. It's getting a bit long in the tooth though(6 yrs). I like that White. Is that the "pearl" white?

I may have to start shopping :yesnod:
No it's just white..I think it's the reflection from my desk or the lighting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
how does that drop down sun visor work for you as far as taking up room in front of you? Would wearing glasses be a problem with the visor? thanks, I have been waiting for shoei to make my perfect helmet and I think they have.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how does that drop down sun visor work for you as far as taking up room in front of you? Would wearing glasses be a problem with the visor? thanks, I have been waiting for shoei to make my perfect helmet and I think they have.
Drop down visor works well..very simple..I just needed to get use to the placement. Very short throw to drop and raise compared to the Sy-Max II. I don't wear glasses, but did try it with sunglasses, and there was no problem with clearance..I like the slots for the temples..my sunglasses fit where they were suppose to, They rode too high with the Sy-Max.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow... very nice, great choice!

I have been eyeing the new Nolan 104... but I wonder if I can fit my Sena BT headset on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
aren't you a little short for a stromtrooper?

nice, im gonna order mine as soon as it's warm enough to ride to the border to pick it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts