Strom Trooper banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
That's a pretty good selection. Pretty much anything inside the triangle of - I70 - I77 - Rt 7 will be worth exploring. The northern part of that area starts to thin out compared to the southern but still not bad.

Heard great things about the roads in Ohio last year, plan to make a trip there this year and try to hit as many of them as I can.

Anyone care to take a look at my, so far, planned route? Any particular parts I am missing that I really need to hit?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBcwt2X87Smo.kWYz9fy4MQ1Y

·
Registered
546 Posts
Heard great things about the roads in Ohio last year, plan to make a trip there this year and try to hit as many of them as I can.

Anyone care to take a look at my, so far, planned route? Any particular parts I am missing that I really need to hit?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBcwt2X87Smo.kWYz9fy4MQ1Y
oooh...that's a lot of fun there. One caution is that the roads can deteriorate with heavy truck use. Normally another similar road in "just paved" condition nearby, however. (Also, don't crowd the center line...I've had multiple encounters with oncoming on my side there.)

Have fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a fantastic area to ride in. I had a free day yesterday so I took a spin down that way from Pittsburgh. I figured I'd make a little trip out of it, so I headed down the Monongahela River, cut over to Waynesburg, pa, and then rode W.V. Route 7 to the Ohio River. Beautiful 90 degree day, blue skies, and twisty roads the whole way. I'll definitely have to make a return trip.

On another note... did I see two strommers riding 2 up each down that way yesterday?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nothing to see here. These are not the roads you seek. I would never ride 78, 555, 536, 164, 646, 9, 800, 83, 666. I've spent many weekends exploring those roads and found that they are not worth riding. I verified it many times over, just to be sure. Please, visit other areas and just ignore these outstanding, I mean, typical Ohio roads.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Made this trip today, except we ended up taking Rt. 20 back instead of 23.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z192DlHVI2Bs.kPvdet6pHbiE&usp=sharing

Some excellent roads for sure, for the most part the pavement is nice, but there are some places its pretty bad, definitely have to be on your game and watch out.
Part of 26 basically had gravel jumps in the road.
536 was probably my favorite. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad I found this thread as we are planning to head down there in later May. How should we expect the weather to be in late May? We're planning to use Athens as our home base while riding the Windy 9 as it seems to be called... I'm open for all suggestions!!

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
Glad I found this thread as we are planning to head down there in later May. How should we expect the weather to be in late May? We're planning to use Athens as our home base while riding the Windy 9 as it seems to be called... I'm open for all suggestions!!
Always a good chance for rain, but the temps that time of year are perfect for riding.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts