StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking at the large JC Whitney trunk for $85 in their online store. That thing is a monster 65 liters by my calculations! Is that too big for a Wee? Do people have rear trunks on their Wees that large? Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm the address would take about an hour to copy. But its item #zx277022. They list its dimentions as 22.5x16.5x11 inches which is something over 4000 cu inches. Divided by 63 cu inches in a liter gets you 64 cu liters. Is that right?

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Im looking at the large JC Whitney trunk for $85 in their online store. That thing is a monster 65 liters by my calculations! Is that too big for a Wee? Do people have rear trunks on their Wees that large? Thanks!
some people have two on the back of their Wee. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hmm the address would take about an hour to copy. But its item #zx277022. They list its dimentions as 22.5x16.5x11 inches which is something over 4000 cu inches. Divided by 63 cu inches in a liter gets you 64 cu liters. Is that right?
Those dimensions come to nearly 67 L.... but that's outside dimensions, not internal. JCW's description claims 40L - still respectable for the price if the box holds up under use, but not as much room (or $) as the biggest Givi's.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those dimensions come to nearly 67 L.... but that's outside dimensions, not internal. JCW's description claims 40L - still respectable for the price if the box holds up under use, but not as much room (or $) as the biggest Givi's.
Ah I get it...the trunk isnt cubicly square its cubicly round!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
givi rack directly to the case if you remove a very small amount of material from one slot on each case. I used a dremel tool and it took about 5min per side. Cases lock in nice and tight.
I have never measured the width but will see what it is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My brother and I just installed the large JC Whitney box on the back on my Wee and it looks and feels fine to me. I was dissapointed that a helmet didnt fit in it though. Almost but no cigar unless you forced the case down over it and I didnt want to do that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have both the large (40L) JC Whitney and the Givi maxia 52L. I've used the whitney case for 3 seasons and its been great. For the money, unless you need the slightly larger case, the whitney is pretty tough to beat. There are a couple of guys in the tri cities area that have used the JC Whitney case as side cases and have reported favorable results.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bestem like side cases

You can get two bestem type side cases now on ebay for around 145 delivered if you mention stromtroopers. They do not have the backrests on them.

They are suppose to mount directly to the GIVI side racks. Check the bestem case thread.

Steve

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you really want this case read:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294434&highlight=jcwhitney

I did and saved some money. I like the case pretty well... but I don't like the mount. I ended up going back to the Pelican on top.

I held on to the case though, one day I will get a second bike and want this case on it (with a proper GIVI mount).
thankyou for this link. I checked it out and ordered 2 cases for $47.99 each! Quite a deal. Couldnt get the free shipping. (but only $15 to ship) Plan to use them for side cases. Thanks that was a great link!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My brother and I just installed the large JC Whitney box on the back on my Wee and it looks and feels fine to me. I was dissapointed that a helmet didnt fit in it though. Almost but no cigar unless you forced the case down over it and I didnt want to do that.
How big are your helmets? I can fit two large full face in mine without having to force the case down. You just have to position them right with the bottom facing inward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
givi rack directly to the case if you remove a very small amount of material from one slot on each case. I used a dremel tool and it took about 5min per side. Cases lock in nice and tight.
I have never measured the width but will see what it is.
-----------
Pretty please, Could you post a pic or two of the area you ground off for the side cases and then a pic of the givi rack? That would help. Thinking about doing the same thing (side cases) as shown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased the large case from JCW (p/n: ZXE277022)(note the "E" in the part number). I used the trick as suggested in this post (and the ref link). It worked. Got it for $48 bucks and free shipping (using promo code SENDNOW). See cut and paste below.

:cool: Thanks Guys for the savings and the time to post it and share it with others.

----

Your order details:

Item:306902 DIGITAL TIRE GAUGE Quantity:1 @ Total Price:$14.99 USDStatus: Pending
Item:277022 FLAT BLK L TRUNK W/IRON CROSS LOGO Quantity:1 @ Total Price:$47.99 USDStatus: Pending

Subtotal:$62.98 USDShipping:$0.00 USDTax:$0.00 USDTotal:$62.98 USD

·
Registered
292 Posts
How big are your helmets? I can fit two large full face in mine without having to force the case down. You just have to position them right with the bottom facing inward.
Two? Now thats something i'd like to see.

Anyways, we tried to fit my brothers Arthur Fullmer full face in it and it wouldnt fit, BUT, we only tried for a second or two and then continued to drink the rest of the beer. I did try to position it on its side and still no deal, but it was hardly a sit-there-and-think about it attempt.

There's no way 2 are going to fit in this case. Now i'm wondering if JC Whitney actually sent me the large. I'll have to recheck.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I got the same one and was dissappointed about the helmet not fitting, the picture on there site happens to show the helmet in an open trunk, so If you keep it open you can have a helmt in it. To solve this I found a helmet lock that can be bolted onto the bike, I put it under the rear fender all the way back near the turn signal. It really cool , First you dont need a key to lock it and it springs open when you unlock it. Link for lock http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=screw+on+helmet+lock

1 - 20 of 36 Posts