StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what is happening to me. I quite innocently went on the search for a new bike, nothing crazy, just a bike, you know, good reviews, dependable, affordable. Found a real nice bike, being sold by a real nice guy, a K7 wee with 7500 klicks. Gerry'd put on nice Hidenaus', givi crash guards, barkbusters, a sweet skid plate from the Netherlands. a K35 top case; good start by anybodies yardstick. Rode the damn thing a sum total of four hours before putting away for the Canadian winter.I have been completely obsessed ever since!!!

Farkles since Christmas include: pivotpegz, fork brace, mirror extenders, footpeg lowering kit, givi E41 sidebags, shit I absolutely cannot afford but cannot seem to help myself from obsessing about. Is this usual? What about the MAdstad adjustable windscreen? I've done nothing about electronics!Help!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a sickness, STOP NOW before it's too late.

Or maybe after that Madstad, you have to have a Madstad. The adventure screen is top notch too.
I noticed you hav't got a tank bag. You should go with the wired one.
Not much other luggage either how do expect to travel?

Matter of fact I think you barely started.. carry on

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a sickness, STOP NOW before it's too late.

Or maybe after that Madstad, you have to have a Madstad. The adventure screen is top notch too.
I noticed you hav't got a tank bag. You should go with the wired one.
Not much other luggage either how do expect to travel?

Matter of fact I think you barely started.. carry on
Oops, forgot, Wolfman lite tankbag from Dualsportplus. Les said it was the best. Was he wrong? Oh Sweet Jesus!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
There is surely help for your condition. But there is nobody here who knows where to find it.

Maybe Dr. Phil, or ask Abby

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is surely help for your condition. But there is nobody here who knows where to find it.

Maybe Dr. Phil, or ask Abby
Abby died last week. But if she was still around, I bet she'd've wanted a ride.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Look at my signature...you'll get no sympathy from me :thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
-16 in an unheated garage should cure your problem. :yesnod:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-16 in an unheated garage should cure your problem. :yesnod:
It sure is chilly, isn't it? But we're Canadian, we thrive on frost!

·
Registered
470 Posts
You have crossed the line from Acute to Chronic Farklitus.

I'm sorry, but there is no known cure, other than running out of Farkles. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry, don't think I can help you with your sickness. I also have the same one. Bought a 2012 dl650 in the spring and got away with just adding heated grips then.

Since I put it away.... I've lost my bloody mind.
Denali DM1 led lights
Cell phone techmount
Rok straps
Centre stand from dual sport plus
Electronic fuse panel from Motorcycle Innovations
Dry bag to hold tent and sleeping gear across my Traxx cases

I'm sure there is more but a part of my mind is trying to forget so that I will by more. The only cure is to get out riding. With all this salt and minus 16deg temps that's not happening soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
926 Posts
Buying a Vstrom because it's cheap is certainly false economy. I know I have blown an additional $1300+ on my bike and no doubt have about another $2K to go before I am completely satisfied (that's without doing anything to the suspension).

Thats more than 1/3rd of what I paid for the bike in the first place.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, don't think I can help you with your sickness. I also have the same one. Bought a 2012 dl650 in the spring and got away with just adding heated grips then.

Since I put it away.... I've lost my bloody mind.
Denali DM1 led lights
Cell phone techmount
Rok straps
Centre stand from dual sport plus
Electronic fuse panel from Motorcycle Innovations
Dry bag to hold tent and sleeping gear across my Traxx cases

I'm sure there is more but a part of my mind is trying to forget so that I will by more. The only cure is to get out riding. With all this salt and minus 16deg temps that's not happening soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Dear God I've forgotten the Oxford heated grips! My poor long suffering wife bought them for me for my birthday, my 1st farkle, little realizing what she was unleashing... holy smokes it's her fault...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Been wanting to try this one out:

:worthless:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Likewise, here.
I got the Wee toward the end of the summer and I know I've now spend more time accessorizing than riding, plus all the time on the internet!
I had a piece of notebook paper on the workbench and was listing all the additions.... but need a new piece of paper now.
However, I think I found the cure. Today my wife was home sick from work when three separate packages arrived containing farkles. I believe an investigation is underway.
Really... all I still need is a new seat.... and....

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is why I recieve all my shipments at work! My work works from our house half the time. Too risky when the postman arrives. she might send it back...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good luck in finding the cure,
I have more in farkles than my
bike is worth!, crazy I know, but the
bike is not going anywhere

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
376 Posts
My name is SFT. I am a farkleholic. It's been three days since my last farkle.

Step one: admitting that I am a farkleholic. Maybe you can help me decide (front to back, trying to remember all)

Shinko 705
RR fork brace
Madstad
Headlight modulator
RR mirror extenders
USB port
Powerlet
MSR ATV hi bars
Kaoko throttle lock
Oxford heated grips
Waterproof series/Parallel switch for grips
Custom RR shelf
Gipro TRE
Thermometer
Voltmeter (custom wired)
Wolfman Ranier tank bag
RAM balls for GPS and iPhone, Velcro for Spot
Throttle body nipple extenders for mulletometer
Asinine tamper-proof torx on TPS replaced with normal hex
Givi crash bars with highway pegs
Wolfman bottle holsters with Sigg bottles of fuel on crashbars
Radiator guard and oil cooler guard
Destickered (PO)
Wolo horn with EB harness
Center stand (PO)
Altrider sidestand foot, modded to fit with center stand
EB fuse block
Cobra FI2000
Battery tender/heated vest pigtail
Brake light flasher
camlocs on cargo Rick to mount trunk
Seahorse trunk
Helmet lock and helmet holders on license plate
Iron Butt license plate frame
Shinko 705

Ummm.. I think that's it. I never made a list before, but now that I did I can tell that I have a problem.

Still have speedo faces to install too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Call the Center for Disease Control :

Newmarket may be the epicenter of this disease .
I've been suffering in silence too long !

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ummm.. I think that's it. I never made a list before, but now that I did I can tell that I have a problem.
I made my first list on a similar post last year. I'm looking at another $2.5K, minimum! That'll be more than $4000 on a $7000 motorcycle, but that will include serious suspension upgrades which are never cheap.

Do the farkling early if you can, you'll have more time to enjoy the results. For me farkling the Wee has become a five-year-plan, and I'm three years in.

I have yet to determine if farkling, with its messing about and agonizing over stuff, is an end onto itself; more than just a means to the true end, a great ride.

Doesn't matter really.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts