StromTrooper banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Thanks for that, that's all I can ask :)

If everyone that bought a hook put just one review, the word would be out.

I have actually a list of visitors from different countries. 140 so far but unfortunately, they haven't all bought or the word would have spread that way too :)

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Hey Georgi (Guiri, Juraj),

I just placed my order for a 3-pack of the hooks. It is too late for my existing helmets as they have already been on the ground. However, my NEXT new helmet won't get scratched that way! I seriously hope things improve for you.

I am going to put a link to your website in my Triumph Trophy Facebook and V4 Honda groups.

Cheers,
Glenn

If this is one of your groups then you did your job. v4hondabbs.com

Someone just ordered a three pack from there :)

Like I said, it doesn't take much.

By the way, these hooks are updated and stronger than the old ones that were strong.

A customer made this video for me. I asked if anyone would drop their bike ON the helmet hook for testing and this customer offered.,

I think he did a helluva job. Enjoy..

extuff.biz/helmethook/Video.MOV

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If this is one of your groups then you did your job. v4hondabbs.com

Someone just ordered a three pack from there :)

Like I said, it doesn't take much.

By the way, these hooks are updated and stronger than the old ones that were strong.

A customer made this video for me. I asked if anyone would drop their bike ON the helmet hook for testing and this customer offered.,

I think he did a helluva job. Enjoy..

extuff.biz/helmethook/Video.MOV
Yup. V4Hondabbs. Been there for many years. I think there might be another order from there, too, maybe more.

BTW, yes, if your offer still dstands, could you send me one lock with them please? I had a look at mine and I don't think I have one with a long enough shank.

Thank you,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you want, I can take another 5 bucks off. THat will get you closer to the forum discount. Let me know. They ship tomorrow.
Nah, never mind the discount, Georgi. I mentioned in another reply, though, yes please, one lock would be great.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Yup. V4Hondabbs. Been there for many years. I think there might be another order from there, too, maybe more.

BTW, yes, if your offer still dstands, could you send me one lock with them please? I had a look at mine and I don't think I have one with a long enough shank.

Thank you,
Glenn

Yep, you're right, another order came in earlier. I'll send you two locks, just in case and yes, they're a pain in the ass to find locks for. Needs long and slim shackle
and that's hard. Took me forever to find the ones I have now and you'll see, they're about as small as they can get while still doing the job :)

Thanks again

George

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yep, you're right, another order came in earlier. I'll send you two locks, just in case and yes, they're a pain in the ass to find locks for. Needs long and slim shackle
and that's hard. Took me forever to find the ones I have now and you'll see, they're about as small as they can get while still doing the job :)

Thanks again

George
Awesome! Thanks George.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
...and thank you. There are prolly a few thousand members so if you would kindly make sure they all buy a three pack, I'll send you a nekkid picture of a scooter.

:)

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I got a helmet hook last month. Bought it with a lock. I've been wearing an HJC with traditional double ring chinstrap system. Works great for that. In the garage the helmet lives on that hook, at work I also hang it and lock it on the hook at the parking garage. Even when stopping at the store it's handy to have a place to hang the helmet that's out of the way while I'm messing around with my top box or tank bag. All in all not a bad product to have.

A couple weeks back I got a new Nolan helmet (with fancier features and that has a ratcheting chin strap. Haven't figured out how to use that helmet with the hook yet.

Bro, did yoiu ever see my explanation about how to use the ratcheting strap and did you ever use it like I 'splained?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
One of those,"Why didn't somebody come up with this earlier?" things

I just ordered one @guiri, it looks like it should work well! I have a license plate frame-mounted lockable hook on my bike, which allows my full face hat to hang away from the bike, but also doggy height-never thought of that before!
I would be interested in a lockable bar-mounted hook if you ever develop one.
You DO know that mine IS lockable and IS bar mounted, right?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Just wanted to let you know I now also offer a stainless version. However, it is NOT lockable as of yet. If I sell enough of them, I'll have the guy that makes'em make them with holes
for a padlock.

I also now have hooks in brass/bronze!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
guiri,

Now that I have a brand new non chepo helmet(Shark Evoline) I really don't want it rolling down a parking lot. I don't like the handle bar location for several reasons, not a bash, just personal reasons: 1)I always mount and dismount from the high side of the bike, so hanging the helmet on the clutch side would require a walk around, 2) off road, hooks on the handlebar could cause an issue(snagging) on narrow brushy trails which I do ride, 3)I have Cyra type handguards w/no bar end weights so mounting might be a problem on the throttle side.

I read through the thread and I don't see any alternative mounting locations....but I have an idea that I think will work on any bike with a tail box. Simply drill a hole at the rear lower edge of the box(left or right side) and mount it so the hook hangs below the bottom edge. The box overhang should give plenty of clearance and the location is perfect for locking it up since the lock and or cable is right there in the box.

I put a red star on the lower right of the Pelican box on my '07 where the hook will go:

Anyway, I thought this might help someone else out with the same "dilema". PM enroute..........

I have a customer that mounted one with a fender washer that he painted black and put it on the box and it looks great.

DId I ever post pics of it?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I got a friend to pick up my mail today for the first time since my crash 2 weeks ago. Sure enough, the helmet hooks and locks were there waiting for me. They look awesome - strong and solid. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
First, awesome that you got them and second, crash? Hope you're ok. Crashing is on the list of things that suck.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
First, awesome that you got them and second, crash? Hope you're ok. Crashing is on the list of things that suck.
Yes, it does suck. Big time. Thanks.

261 - 274 of 274 Posts