StromTrooper banner

241 - 260 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
X2 on cables. I have 2, a light short coiled one for small stuff, and a longer heavy one for jackets and larger stuff. They take up zero room in the top box with two small brass combination locks.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I have a cable that I sometimes feed through the sleeve of my jacket and lock my jacket to the bike with the helmet.

Reactions: notacop

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Yeah, it doesn't hurt locking yo stuff up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a helmet hook last month. Bought it with a lock. I've been wearing an HJC with traditional double ring chinstrap system. Works great for that. In the garage the helmet lives on that hook, at work I also hang it and lock it on the hook at the parking garage. Even when stopping at the store it's handy to have a place to hang the helmet that's out of the way while I'm messing around with my top box or tank bag. All in all not a bad product to have.

A couple weeks back I got a new Nolan helmet (with fancier features and that has a ratcheting chin strap. Haven't figured out how to use that helmet with the hook yet.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #245

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I am on ADV but I think I made contact with you through this forum ?? and suggested a hole would increase the appeal and you could make some cash by also selling locks.
You did. I found it. :)

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Starting February 6th and till the end of March 2020. We will donate $3 of every Helmet Hook purchase to an Australian animal rescue. Even if you buy multiple hooks and use the discount, I will STILL give an additional $3 per hook.

On that page is a list of links to rescues if you don't want a hook but still want to donate so please help any way you can. What has happened to the poor animals over there is beyond brutal.

The same thing applies to the distributor in Australia at How To Save Your Motorcycle Helmet From Being Damaged

People buying the Helmet Hook that are from Asia and Oceania are encouraged to order from Australia for faster shipping time.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
That's awesome and thanks.

Tell others please and if they don't want a hook, maybe they want to contribute to animal rescues anyway.

George

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Thanks, George, you are too generous giving stuff away! How will you stay in business?

Mark

I just saw this and I thought I'd reply and perhaps see if you guys would help me out. This is going to be a bit long so bear with me.,

I have done this since 2013 and because I suck at promoting, I'm not aggressive enough and I don't like spamming, I have never sold much. Those however who have tried my helmet hook love it so there's little doubt that it's a useful little gadget. I have however been on the verge of becoming homeless for years.

I have now even had a friend from Australia (I'm in the USA but he was the one stepping up) set up a gofundme thing for me but it's not doing anything.

Really, I would prefer to make my own money from sales rather than charity but at the same time, I don't want to become homeless either.,

I hope you understand how extremely embarrassing this is for me because I'm a proud person and have never asked for anything.
Loans yes, but I've always paid them back.

After all the fires in Australia and after seeing that little Koala bear that crossed the road only to sit IN a fire which totally broke my heart,. I talked to my Australian distributor and we decided to give away $3 from every hook sold to an Australian rescue. We kept extending the period 'cause the quarantine just killed all the sales so there was really nothing to give away.,

Well, I'm not selling anything so I ended the donation period in June..

Anyway, the long and short of it is that if something doesn't happen, I won't be around by the end of the year.

I have a contingency plan for the helmet hook. I have a lady that sells my hook on ebay and she'll take over the business but it won't be the same 'cause I can't show her and teach her everything including this forum and so one but you will still be able to go to my site at TheHelmetHook.com and order and contact her if a hook breaks so you guys'll be good.,

Anyway, all sales will be very appreciated and I've even set up discounts on 3, 5 and 10 packs and the gofundme link should be in my signature but just in case, here it is.

Sorry to lay this on you but I have no other way of fixing any of my problems.,

I've really enjoyed reading y'alls comments and this has been an awesome group :)

George

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mate , I feel for you .
You sold me a hook last month in New Zealand but arranged a shipment from your Australian agent as it was easier .
Received but not installed on the mighty XT250 , waiting till I install Oxford heated grips & Barkbusters ( if I don't upgrade to a KTM 390 Adventure first ) .
It's a good product as I regularly use it on the DL650 .
Damn about your financial situation .
All I can say from my university days is marketing / advertising is everything .
You have to let people know about your product or let it be known that it exists .
I would love to sell these as a sideline , but I'm self employed and when I get busy I get really busy .
C'mon guys/gals & buy a Helmet Hook they are an excellent way to hold your helmet whether your filling up at the gas station , stopping off with the mates to discuss where next , etc

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, when I get an order from that part of the world, I send them to my guy in OZ, I think at least that they get there faster. Sure, I lose the income but service is more important and they take enough time to deliver internationally anyway.

I just had this guy from Belgium cancel an order because of the. It'll be interesting IF he gets if IF he contacts me to pay for it.

The problem is with people. Some forums consider telling about it spam and on facebook groups,. I frequently get people trying to ruin my posts by talking shit.
Interestingly enough, it's always some that has NEVER seen or heard of the helmet hook before. Ie, just doing it 'cause they can. I never understood that.

Also, I am a member of hundreds of bike groups on FB and bike forums and I COULD post a review but I just don't feel right about posting one myself...hint, hint...

In most forums, I'm just using an nick name so I could but again, I feel wrong doing it.

Thanks again bro.

How long did it take you to get it from OZ?

Be a good boy now and leave those poor sheep alone.

Hey, if you want to sell a small quantity, let me know. No strings attached. You take them with you when you ride or post over there about it and maybe you can build something up.

George

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah it took about a week which was pretty good with the disruptions from Covid .
At the moment I'm hesitant to purchase from anywhere overseas but close by eg Aussie
George I considered selling as a sideline but a bit busy & the garage is chocka .
Would have thought it would be a good sideline for a retired person - travelling around , socializing ...even selling a few from time to time

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
My concern is that this looks like a knee injury waiting to happen unless it rotates away

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Yeah it took about a week which was pretty good with the disruptions from Covid .
At the moment I'm hesitant to purchase from anywhere overseas but close by eg Aussie
George I considered selling as a sideline but a bit busy & the garage is chocka .
Would have thought it would be a good sideline for a retired person - travelling around , socializing ...even selling a few from time to time
Well, if you're ever ready, you can have them shipped to you from Bill on OZ so no problem and again, you can buy a few and sell when you feel like it. No pressure.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Macdoc, I'm really curious if you can explain how you see that accident would happen?

I have sold thousands of these and I have even replaced broken once but I have never even heard anyone getting hit in the knee by one. Also, you CAN rotate it out of the way regardless of if you have bar weights or hand guards. Just tighten and rotate that bastard out of the way if it makes you feel better.

If you fall, there's so much more than can hurt you soooo much more than the helmet hook and again, I don't really see how that would happen., I also have never heard of anything getting tangled in some branches or anything.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hey Georgi (Guiri, Juraj),

I just placed my order for a 3-pack of the hooks. It is too late for my existing helmets as they have already been on the ground. However, my NEXT new helmet won't get scratched that way! I seriously hope things improve for you.

I am going to put a link to your website in my Triumph Trophy Facebook and V4 Honda groups.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Thanks a lot. Do you want me to include a couple of pd locks?

BEFORE you post anything. Do this for me. Use them for a while and I tell everyone to do this 'cause there's a huge difference in the comments when you just put one one and use it and then comment and the comments you have when you've had it for about a few weeks and wondered what the hell you did before you had one.

Here's from a guy that just switched bikes and what he says :)

" 07/06/2020

David Weil

Can't be without it!
I sold my bike that had the helmet hook on it. When I bought another bike, I didn't think I would get another helmet lock. That idea lasted about 2 rides, I couldn't believe how much I missed having the hook.
"

This is a review on my site. Another guy (I think it's funny as hell) bought a used guy but the seller took the helmet hook off. He sold the bike but wouldn't sell the hook :)

Yall have no idea how much this warms my heart.

George

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks a lot. Do you want me to include a couple of pd locks?

BEFORE you post anything. Do this for me. Use them for a while and I tell everyone to do this 'cause there's a huge difference in the comments when you just put one one and use it and then comment and the comments you have when you've had it for about a few weeks and wondered what the hell you did before you had one.

Here's from a guy that just switched bikes and what he says :)

" 07/06/2020

David Weil

Can't be without it!
I sold my bike that had the helmet hook on it. When I bought another bike, I didn't think I would get another helmet lock. That idea lasted about 2 rides, I couldn't believe how much I missed having the hook.
"

This is a review on my site. Another guy (I think it's funny as hell) bought a used guy but the seller took the helmet hook off. He sold the bike but wouldn't sell the hook :)

Yall have no idea how much this warms my heart.

George
Hi Georgi, thanks for the offer of the locks, but don't worry about that. I have some here that should work OK. I already posted on a couple of my other groups, but I will do a follow-up on them after I've used the hooks for a little while.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Hey Georgi (Guiri, Juraj),

I just placed my order for a 3-pack of the hooks. It is too late for my existing helmets as they have already been on the ground. However, my NEXT new helmet won't get scratched that way! I seriously hope things improve for you.

I am going to put a link to your website in my Triumph Trophy Facebook and V4 Honda groups.

Cheers,
Glenn

If you want, I can take another 5 bucks off. THat will get you closer to the forum discount. Let me know. They ship tomorrow.

241 - 260 of 274 Posts