StromTrooper banner

221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Hiya kids. Just saying hi.

Anyone interested in some discount codes?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
I thought you guys would like this one.

When I send out Helmet Hooks, I like to ask how they found it 'cause sometimes, the stories are awesome.

Here's one from a customer that just bought a few helmet hooks.

"I just purchased a 2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650. When I arrived to pick it up the previous owner was removing something from the left bar end.
He showed me The Helmet Hook that he was removing to transfer to his new motorcycle. So I looked it up online, liked what I saw and bought a 3 pack - one for each of my motorcycles."

Now, this guy had his priorities straight.

"I'll sell you the bike but not the Helmet Hook."

My man!
:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
One of those,"Why didn't somebody come up with this earlier?" things

Use $3off for three bucks discount.
I just ordered one @guiri, it looks like it should work well! I have a license plate frame-mounted lockable hook on my bike, which allows my full face hat to hang away from the bike, but also doggy height-never thought of that before!
I would be interested in a lockable bar-mounted hook if you ever develop one.

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
I also worry when leaving my helmet on the bike when I go into a shop etc. I carry something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-Keeper-Combination-Cable-Bike/dp/B000NORUJC/ref=sr_1_54?keywords=locking+cycle+chain&qid=1566791327&s=gateway&sr=8-54 Mine stays in the tank bag and even rolls back into a coil when not in use. I can even secure my jacket as well by feeding it up the arm of my jacket before going through the face port of my helmet.
Anything light and compact. Such thefts are opportunist.

BTW My helmet hook has holes through which you could put a small padlock to secure the helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Brockie,

Guiri sent me a free hook because I suggested he make them with a hole so the helmet could locked in place, what are you going to send me ??? LoL

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
I just ordered one @guiri, it looks like it should work well! I have a license plate frame-mounted lockable hook on my bike, which allows my full face hat to hang away from the bike, but also doggy height-never thought of that before!
I would be interested in a lockable bar-mounted hook if you ever develop one.
First, before I start giving you shit, thanks for ordering the helmet hook.

Now to the shit part. You didn't read the whole thing. Bad boy.

The helmet hook has two holes for a pad lock and luckily, I saw this post before the mail main picked up the package so I went outside and
slit it open like a fat bass, put a lock in it and taped it back up so no foul play, just me.

However, the second time I went out to operate on the package, I forgot the keys to the mailbox so my fat ass had to go out again.
Therefore, I think that the least you have to do is post a review somewhere other than here (only if you want to of course :)

So, you're good to go and no, you don't owe me anything. I hope you like it and look above what to do before taking the bar weight off.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Brockie,

Guiri sent me a free hook because I suggested he make them with a hole so the helmet could locked in place, what are you going to send me ??? LoL
A coupon to a free twelve pack at least.

Was that you on ADV bro?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I also worry when leaving my helmet on the bike when I go into a shop etc. I carry something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-Keeper-Combination-Cable-Bike/dp/B000NORUJC/ref=sr_1_54?keywords=locking+cycle+chain&qid=1566791327&s=gateway&sr=8-54 Mine stays in the tank bag and even rolls back into a coil when not in use. I can even secure my jacket as well by feeding it up the arm of my jacket before going through the face port of my helmet.
Anything light and compact. Such thefts are opportunist.

BTW My helmet hook has holes through which you could put a small padlock to secure the helmet.
Brockie, you need one of these cables instead. They are MUCH more flexible than the one you have and can be locked up with the padlock from the helmet hook or a pad lock.
I just got new locks, very small ones.
You can roll it up so that it becomes a super small package.

Not recommended cause I sell them but 'cause they're awesome. I can literally roll up a 60" cable in a 4" circle.

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
Brockie,

I'm sending you my thanks and eternal respect. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
George, do you sell longer handle bar bolts/screws with your helmet hook? I can’t find the longer bolts, the look like 140mm M6 I believe for a 2013 DL650 Vstrom. I love using the helmet hook, but just had to replace everything that goes in the handlebar and they sent much shorter bolts/screws
Sorry bro, I just saw this. It seems that I don't always get my notification.

Do you still need longer bolts?

I don't have any but I'm sure if we put our heads together, we'll figure it out.

George

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #235

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
A coupon to a free twelve pack at least.

Was that you on ADV bro?
I am on ADV but I think I made contact with you through this forum ?? and suggested a hole would increase the appeal and you could make some cash by also selling locks.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
I am on ADV but I think I made contact with you through this forum ?? and suggested a hole would increase the appeal and you could make some cash by also selling locks.
Really, I thought it was on adv. Anyway, that IS the reason I made the two holes in the hook :)

I got banned from ADV a year or so ago and my sales thread taken down. 111+ pages without a single negative comment and it gets taken down. I had the thread up for 4-5 years and I had been a member
|for 8 years but I still don't know why. I've tried asking and I had to sign up with a new profile just to ask but no response other than another immediate ban...?

Few things to me that are worse than when someone does something but you have no idea why.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
I'm sending you my thanks and eternal respect. :grin2:

Not sure who's getting the eternal respect but I'd like it please...

:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sorry bro, I just saw this. It seems that I don't always get my notification.

Do you still need longer bolts?

I don't have any but I'm sure if we put our heads together, we'll figure it out.

George
Ace Hardware has longer 8mm/1.25 bolts both pan head and flathead. $1.29 each.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Thanks bro. Did you get the hook?

221 - 240 of 274 Posts