StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Alright, the first pre-production units are ready to go.

More pictures coming.

The purpose of the Helmet Hook is simple.
Put your helmet somewhere, where your helmet will be:

Out of the way
Safe from scratches
Safe from falls that will scratch it and possible break something
Kept close to you and not forcing you to turn around to look for
some mounting spot on the frame of the bike, or your luggage cases, or your bungee net and so on.

Putting it on the mirrors usually means you have to later readjust them.
On the handlebars is not a good place as they usually slide off, ESPECIALLY if you move the bars.
The tank is not flat nor is the seat if you're on the side stand.

Using the built in or aftermarket seat locks always puts in next to either a hot engine or metal parts which can and probably WILL scratch your helmet.

You don't want to lock it to the wheel as it can get dirty, dogs WILL pee in it (I've always worried about this in Spain with all the stray dogs) and at the same time, why bend down when you can simply hang it at the END of your handlebar where it is the FURTHEST away from the bike, thus minimizing the risk of the helmet getting banged up against the bike.

My helmet is cheap but I've already had it roll down the street 5-6 in the 4 weeks I've had it. I can only imagine what you guys will think that have $700 lids!

I also use it when I go shopping. I come out with some grocery bags and while I'm getting ready to ride (opening cases), I need somewhere to put the bags.
The ground works but may be dirty, so I just hang them on the helmet hook. It is very strong and you can also turn the hook facing the bike or facing out.

It should fit most standard bar ends and hand guards that screw into the end of the handlebars. Note! It does need bar weights or hand guards to hold the hook!

More pictures to follow...

I've also used it to hang the electrical cords on it to keep them off the ground while I'm charging my batteries.

My site is being built and I should have ordering capability within just a few days and it will be paypal which also takes most credit cards.

Till then, if you'd like to order, just pm me with all your info (name, address, phone-if you'd like and if there are questions-and your paypal email address) and I'll send you a payment request.

You can also pay cash, check, money order or anything else we can think of.

The site will have other products that I'll bring to the market, so, check the site and check it often in the next month or two.

So, without further ado, here are some pics of the helmet hook.

You guys are welcome to send pics to friends or post on other forums and link directly to the picture location as long as you leave the credits and logo on the picture.

For those that are new to the Helmet Hook. Note that I have not had ONE SINGLE
negative comment about my Helmet Hook. Very handy little product.

Thanks, George

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Gadget Guy

Hook/s shipped out today. Testing padded envelopes for shipping to let me know how they arrive. I think the envelopes will hold up but still.

Let's see what you think of the hook. Mount it with the hook facing in or out, your choice and also let me know what mounting option you chose as it's made to fit several different bar end sizes and hand guards.

:)

George

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your helmet hook looks like a handy device, and the price is right.
I'll send a PM for one now and give it a try.
Thanks for the order. Your hook shipped out today.

Let me know what you think of the hook once you've tried it out.

Have a good one

George

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered last night but forgot to ask for stromtrooper price, I am sure it will be so handy I wont care

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, that was you.

I shipped it out today by the way. I'll be happy to refund the difference if you'd like :)

George

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's do this instead.

Wait till you get it and show it around as much as you can and then order a whole bunch for your buddies. The reason is that they are very light but the initial shipping cost is high.
What I'm saying is that I think whether I send one hook for almost $7 in shipping cost or ten hook for prolly around $11 bucks (I'm guessing here) is sooo much cheaper.

What kills the deal here is shipping.

How's that sound?

Also, I'm making a template for ebay which I'll also use on my website but it has some more and some new info so feel free to use it to show people.
Note that it's still under construction so to speak.
The Helmet Hook by www.eXtuff.biz

George

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Have my helmet hook on order. OP says he will mail it out to me on Monday.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok, my product, the Helmet Hook is ready to sell...

Just ordered 5. One for me and the rest for gifts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What got me was I had a helmet fall straight onto the visor... $50 gone now I have a bell transitions and cost me $180 for the visor so dont want that to get stuffed

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First, thanks for the orders guys.

Yes, there's more than one advantage to the hook.

Me, I can't even stand the though of the helmet touching metal,
let alone breaking a visor or something :(

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I am not as anal retentive as a lot of people are about my helmets. I don't worry too much if they get skinned up or take small dings. This is probably not in my best interests to feel this way but nevertheless this is how I am. I even wear helmets that are over 5 years old as I feel this number came about by the helmet sales people to sale more helmets. Never had a helmet fail to do it's job yet. So far...

I did order a helmet hook as I think it might work better than hanging my helmet on my mirrors in time honored tradition.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, trust me, it is and it doesn't throw your mirrors out of whack :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am not as anal retentive as a lot of people are about my helmets. I don't worry too much if they get skinned up or take small dings. This is probably not in my best interests to feel this way but nevertheless this is how I am. I even wear helmets that are over 5 years old as I feel this number came about by the helmet sales people to sale more helmets. Never had a helmet fail to do it's job yet. So far...

I did order a helmet hook as I think it might work better than hanging my helmet on my mirrors in time honored tradition.
I had my helmet fall off my mirror last summer and scratch up the visor pretty bad a a trip. I now have one of these hooks so that won't happen again they work good I'm very glad not to be using my mirror anymore.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think as you guys start using them more and more, it'll become one of these items that you wished you had all the time.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys, all hook orders went out today. Including 20 to Australia.

Let your foreign friends know they can get them STRAIGHT from Australia to save on shipping.

Enjoy and thanks :)

George

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Hey could they be made with a small hole in them so I could put a padlock through your hook and lock the D rings of my helmet to the hook ?

You could offer hook and lock ?

1 - 20 of 274 Posts