StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think I noticed you put the 'stich on with your boots/shoes off. Maybe that is what I need to do. My right boot's heel almost always catches and I hop around trying to free it, while entertaining my fellow riders.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I think I noticed you put the 'stich on with your boots/shoes off. Maybe that is what I need to do. My right boot's heel almost always catches and I hop around trying to free it, while entertaining my fellow riders.
When on gravel/dirty ground I stand on my gloves so I don't get crap off the ground on to my socks then in to my boots.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At last! A Utube link that doesn't involve carnage.

:mrgreen:
From what I hear, the guy who made the video had a getoff without gear sometime in the recent past.

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
I have that same bike and I like the storage location he selected. Hmmm....

Four to five extra minutes of time over not wearing gear? How long does road rash irrigation and skin grafts take?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've never thought about storing gear in that location but with the Vee's two pipes it would be difficult. :confused:

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
When on gravel/dirty ground I stand on my gloves so I don't get crap off the ground on to my socks then in to my boots.
I'm a fat old man that can't get dressed without a chair/stool

Yup...usually only takes once to make you a convert. :yesnod:
baaaah ! I wear gear for my comfort more than safety. I make the decision of what or if I wear for gear based on comfort and convenience

yes, I've crashed, both with gear and without.... hasn't changed my attitude

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Theres been a few days where its been super nice out and i don't ride to work. Then of course you get asked "why didn't you ride today". to which i'll reply "i didn't get up early enough" They never understand how much more time it takes to ride to work.

Go to shed, get bike out.. get gear on, pack anything your taking with you in bike. change of shoes.. etc... get to work... take gear off.. change shoes.. pack up.. lock it all up.. etc...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Getting geared up does take a few minutes, but for me it's a ritual that I conduct in the same order every time. It gives my brain time to let go of whatever else I've been thinking about and focus on the ride ahead (never ride distracted!)

However, the time it takes to gear up is part of the reason why I don't ride my bike every day of the week, especially for errands.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
I've never thought about storing gear in that location but with the Vee's two pipes it would be difficult. :confused:
Well, I wasn't thinking about using that with my DL...but when I take the Ninja 650R out for a ride. The exhaust system on the Ninja is under the bike, so no need to worry about burning the gear.

Theres been a few days where its been super nice out and i don't ride to work. Then of course you get asked "why didn't you ride today". to which i'll reply "i didn't get up early enough" They never understand how much more time it takes to ride to work.

Go to shed, get bike out.. get gear on, pack anything your taking with you in bike. change of shoes.. etc... get to work... take gear off.. change shoes.. pack up.. lock it all up.. etc...
Getting geared up does take a few minutes, but for me it's a ritual that I conduct in the same order every time. It gives my brain time to let go of whatever else I've been thinking about and focus on the ride ahead (never ride distracted!)

However, the time it takes to gear up is part of the reason why I don't ride my bike every day of the week, especially for errands.
Eh...I don't have a car (well, my wife does), but it is either the bike or the bus for me to get to work. The bike is more enjoyable, and it literally only takes two to three minutes to get geared up. I wear my work clothes under my gear, so all I have to do when I get to work is walk to my office, slip out of the gear, and change my shoes. Doesn't take all that long...and riding is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than taking the bus. Even if it's raining (which it frequently is), or 30 degrees.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
right now? at the computer? :green_lol:
Let me clarify, I wear gear when riding the bike, full monty at the computer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts