StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of it as it is now,

I took 22 parts to the powder coater today, they should be done in 10 days, I'll post more pics as the work progresses.

The only thing I've added so far are mirror wideners, and a radiator guard. When the parts come back from powder coating, I'll be adding;

SWM racks, engine guard, and skid plate, all re-colored
Trax alu panniers and top box
Richland Ricks peg lowering kit,
Risers, aluminum heat shields on the exhaust,
p-40 Warhawk shark mouth and eyes,
Madstad bracket, and other stuff I can't seem to remember right now...

Plus, the center stand is being re-colored and the Sergeant seat with colored piping was shipped yesterday.

This is fun!

btw, I am amazed at this little screamer, first tank went 253 miles on only 4.67 gallons, and I was playing with the rev limiter on a regular basis!.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I'm familiar with Flo-Mo, I take it you're from California?

Looking forward to your california special.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, you know the story, I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could! Don't miss anything about Ca. except the Sierra Nevada, and my favorite place in the whole world, Yosemite, which was close enough that I could ride there, have lunch in the valley, and be home for dinner.

Where in Tx are you?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! I ordered a Sergeant seat on Tuesday with special color piping and they said it would take about 10 working days. Here it is, 4 whole days later, and the seat is here, installed, and photographed for your enjoyment.

WOW! That's fast service for a non-standard seat!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy am I excited! The powder coater called and everything is done a week early! The bad news, even if I get all the parts installed, my panniers were just ordered, and they're on back order from Twisted Throttle! Ah well, this'll give me more time to get the misc. parts installed, things like risers, peg relocation, license plate mount and additional rear lighting, the PIAA lights, that kind of stuff.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no pictures yet, but I spent hours today installing the freshly powdercoated skid plate, engine guards, risers, sw motech side racks, top box adapter plate, center stand, light bar, kaoko, madstad, peg lowering kit, and I'm sure there's something else, but my brain just farted........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a tease...

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Twisted Throttle has a black Wee with yellow accessories.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Greywolf, I saw that bike at Americade. I was hypnotized into purchasing Barkbusters!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Twisted suckle, I mean Twisted Throttle has parts on back order? Shocker!! haah!

Nice farkeling. Couple questions....if you don't mind.

How much for the Seargent? Did they need your pan?

Have you tested it out on a long ride yet? If so....how does it do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sergeant was at their published price, because I wanted the red piping, there was no chance of finding one in the open market. They did not use the stock seat pan, theirs is different and even has a document or small tool tube mounted under it and bungied to the seat . As far as comfort goes, I haven't done a ride of more than two hours since I got it, but that having been said, I was very comfie, and the only problem was that it was in Texas 103* heat and I was wishing I had moved my BeadRider over. My wife and I rode about 40 minutes the other evening for a dinner, and when we got there I asked her how the new seat felt and how her butt felt and her answer said all I needed to know, " I guess it was OK, I didn't even notice" When it comes to seats/pillions/wives, no news it good news!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
another day, another picture....

I'm not gonna show you the whole thing until it's finished...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz ready to go for a ride!

Oh, and a bit o red.....

just a tease.......still waiting for the bags and the P-40 Warhawk decals...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the notice from Twisted Throttle that the Trax bags shipped out today.....

WooooooHooooooo, can't wait!

Here's the SW Motech side rack ready to install...

btw, these things are cool! The dzeus fasteners to get it off in about 10 seconds are sturdy, and lock extremely tight. I was initially worried they might be loose or not very rugged, but boy howdy they are tight!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OOOOPS!

Took a little nap in the middle of a downhill 120* righthander this morning.

this and the handguard are the extent of damage. Oh, and a little road rash on my right elbow....fortunately I was only doing about 10mph because of the LEO behind me. He pulled up next to me as I stood the Wee up and asked if I was OK, I said yes, he then added, "one of our motor officers went down here yesterday, the pavement gets really slippery in this heat"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts