Strom Trooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a lot tighter than it needs to be. Trying to get the damn thing on in cold weather with my big, clumsy fingers is unpleasant.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello dailystromfix

I think I recognize your avatar from A Clockwork Orange? Am i correct?

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
Pliers may help, or maybe some finger strengthening exercises. I'm sure Suzuki will jump right on that...nothing else more important on the Stroms that needs changed/updated. I'm just sayin.......

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
It's a lot tighter than it needs to be. Trying to get the damn thing on in cold weather with my big, clumsy fingers is unpleasant.
Loop a cable tie through the rubber band in a big enough loop that you can get your "big, clumsy fingers" into it and stretch the rubber band by pulling on the cable tie with one hand. Use the other hand to push the band over the retaining ridge.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
It would be nice if there were a little more slack in it.
I'LL actually try to help you here.
Try something like this.
http://www.fastenation.com/class.php?id=39
Hook one end on the tool tray, run the strap through a D-ring and hook the D-ring to the end to the tool tray, pull the strap tight, and fasten to itself. maybe this will give you an idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Toolkit

While we're on the subject of toolkit, has anyone out there taken the pliers seriously?- let alone used them? My pair don't even have a locknut, so they gently separate into 4 little pieces as you try them out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The tool kit is for novelty purposes only, kinda like glow in the dark condoms. It is only there to give you a false sense of security and a bit of amusement.

·
Registered
654 Posts
While we're on the subject of toolkit, has anyone out there taken the pliers seriously?- let alone used them? My pair don't even have a locknut, so they gently separate into 4 little pieces as you try them out.
this i think is just you....oh and i have used them and on the side of the road they get you by....and i like the amount of slack in the rubber thingy....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts