StromTrooper banner

The "dry" lake

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  armando_m 
#1 · (Edited)
Riding around Guadalajara Mexico

I'm not sure if short trips are ok to mention, or where to do it in the forum

I'm based in Guadalajara México, nearby there is a dry lake bed which is a nice photo location.

I suggested a trip there to get some decent photos, nature had other plans regarding the "dry" part and it rained hard on the previous night, the road had large puddles (corrected from poodles :) ) , and therefore plenty of slippery mud

Rode only abuout 1 km into the dirt road, we stopped and we are pondering if we turn back ...

we decide to go back rather than try to ride another 5 kms in these conditions

Later at home had fun cleaning the bikes, and lubing the chain

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not sure if short trips are ok to mention, or where to do it in the forum

I'm based in Guadalajara México, nearby there is a dry lake bed which is a nice photo location.

I suggested a trip there to get some decent photos, nature had other plans regding the "dry" part and it rained hard on the previous night, the road had large poodles, and therefore plenty of slippery mud

Rode only abuout 1 km into the dirt road, we stopped and we are pondering if we turn back ...

we decide to go back rather than try to ride another 5 kms in these conditions

Later at home had fun cleaning the bikes, and lubing the chain
:wink2: You probably made a wise decision. Discretion IS the better part of valour.

Cheers,
Glenn

#9 ·
Nice

You have to look out for those large poodles in the road. I mean, the toy poodles, you can just ride right over them, but a large standard poodle, like a deer, will take you down. :wink2:

Seriously, though - cool pictures and story. ("puddles" is the word you were looking for here, by the way)
LOL
the image of the small dogs vs large dogs made me laugh

Thanks for the correction

#11 ·
"the toy poodles, you can just ride right over them, but a large standard poodle, like a deer, will take you down."

I've hit Marmots on the road over Grand Mesa in Colorado and hit a deer that didn't take me down. Luck maybe or not using the brakes and plowing on through may have helped.
The deer did damage the bike enough though to kill it, the bike that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.