StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I was getting ready to leave work the other day and while my bike was warming up I noticed the two plastic parts that comprise the dash had pulled away from each other and one lip had raised up higher than the other. I have been running a Givi windshield with a Madstad bracket. I bought both parts used and was unaware that there has been much written on these forums about Givi windshields warping the dash. I normally cover my bike at work and I guess that was why I got away with it for so long. I caught it early before the damage was too severe. Here's what I did. I found that I could still push the two edges back together, so I did just that and drilled two holes and set two screws. See pic below.

I put the stock windshield back on for the summer, I was going to anyway. And I'm not sure what I will do next. I know a lot of guys put the Pat Walsh radar shelf on to keep the sun off the dash, but I really hate adding something like that just to be a sun shade. I am thinking about cutting some kind of material or indoor outdoor carpet or I don't know what to fit and attaching it with double sided tape. I don't know, I'm just brainstorming. Any ideas?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Well, the PWDS is a nice-looking, permanent, relatively inexpensive fix.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Black plastic is no good for something that's meant to be sittin' out in the sunlight.........oh well!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I had a similar problem with the windshield focusing heat on my dash. I made an upper dash cover out of black abs and mounted an insturment in it. It prevented the focal point from producing any further damage to the stock dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts