StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont use "the card" too often, but I had to pull it today to get some insight on the annual rumor that the DL1000 is going bye bye for 2008.

The response I got regarding my question "Is the DL1000 gone" was in a nutshell, not all 2008 models have been released, and to stand by. Now this isn't saying it is or isnt gone, but does add some clarification to those that have posted that "I have a friend that has a cousin that works at the parts counter at Bobs Suzuki and Snapper in Washington that said.........."

It is fun to speculate, but just stay tuned. It may be a goner. If so, we will throw the best online funeral ever for it.

I have asked my "contact" to put me on the "first to know" list so that we can make the proper arrangements (if warranted :) )

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
17,009 Posts
Thanks for the post Brendan, we 1k owners can only hope that it sticks around...... "new model" works fine for me.;)

M

·
0 Posts
I can't imagine why there would be an 08 SV1000S and not a DL1000. There's no additional cost to keep producing the model and it does sell. Admittedly not as large a share as some of the other models, but the profit has to be high. I think we'll see it soon.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I posted this in the other thread:

I was just shopping for touch up for my 06' when I noticed on the Color-rite website there is a listing for the 08' 650 + 1000 colors. The 650's yellow is called "daytona" yellow. The same silver and blacks from 07 are listed for the 1k

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was at VIR today. Suzuki had their display set up. No V-Stroms, on display let alone a 1000. Asked one of the reps, and he basically said that Suzuki hasn't announced anything one way or the other yet. However they did have a 08 accessories catalog, it mentioned the 08 650, but not 08 1000.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The rep I spoke to at VIR felt pretty strongly the 1000 would be back, he just wasn't sure if they were gonna update it this year or next...

He said either way, it'll be October before that info gets out.

Were you chillin' in the Suzui Owner's Tent? That was good fun!! Saw about a half dozen stroms at the race.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah I spent a little time in the owners tent. I didn't see as many Stoms as the last few years. Mine was the blue 05 parked over by the Aprilia tent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was at VIR today. Suzuki had their display set up.

I was also at the Viral Incephalitus Reactor today, but don't recall seeing you there... just got my medication and left.......
Maybe just me. (shrugs).

·
Registered
115 Posts
2008 Suzuki Models that aren't showing up yet........

Bandit 1250S
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
GSXR 600
GS 500F
SV 1000S
SV 650
SV 650S
DL 1000

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a GS500f and I've heard it rumored on the GStwins site that they're dropping it from the 2008 line-up. I've heard it's so because it's not listed as a 2008 model on the suzuki site.

And that could very well be fact. But I also searched the other bikes listed above and noticed there was several more besides the GL1000 and GS500f that weren't listed for 2008.

I kinda think it would be odd for all them to be dropped from the line-up. Especially the 1250 Bandit. Didn't they just re-introduce that bike this year?

hnh

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep new for 2007. I wouldn't read that there all drop although would guess the GS500F is a good possiblity with the release of the GSX 650F. Will be interesting to see if the SV's survive too.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I just found this link to the specs on a 2008 v-strom 1000. It says the msrp is TBD, but it does list colors.... me thinks the big Strom will be back.

http://www.clawsonmotorsportssuzuki.com/dashboard/displayProductModel.page?language=en&country=US&profileType=moto&returnType=html&dealerId=402880c6040613420104061452e22fa3&modelId=225&showprint=0
Did you notice that it says "rear tire-N/A" . I just found it kind of funny. Maybe the Vee is back for 08 but the rear tire isn't? :p

SS

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Leftovers in Sarasota

If you need a DL1000, and a brand new 2005 model would suit you, drop in at Suzuki of Sarasota. They have a blue one and a black one.

Now don't go saying I got pipe-envy just because I drooled on these two. My Wee-Strom has all I need and more; I always reach my own limitations before the limitations of the DL650 are in sight.

Keith

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you need a DL1000, and a brand new 2005 model would suit you, drop in at Suzuki of Sarasota. They have a blue one and a black one.

Now don't go saying I got pipe-envy just because I drooled on these two. My Wee-Strom has all I need and more; I always reach my own limitations before the limitations of the DL650 are in sight.

Keith

Do you know what they were asking for them?

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
RodK is probably correct.

Sorry, I do not recall the price, but I will research it this week and post the answer here. I live eight miles north of the dealership, and I like those folks a lot.

There is one black 2005 DL1000 and one blue 2005 DL1000. The tenth digit of the VIN of at least one of them is indeed 5.

Keith

1 - 20 of 35 Posts