StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And so the Good King spake thus unto his Knight;

"Behold! I equip thee with that which shall make the impossible, not! With fresh sweet produce from that rubber tree of grippyness, and linen from the Wolfman’s seamstress of goodie carriage, you shall not want. Now go forth, and make preparations for your pilgrimage unto the land. For 'Adventure' was my command; do not disobey! Thou art my champion and messenger; let no path go untrodden, nor sight, unseen! Our land is ripe for the taking, man of men! Your eastern steed stomps for her hooves to be re-shod and her bridle to be dressed. She knows the way of your quest! Claim that which is yours, and hers, by blood and birth right!"

For we know it to be written in the texts of yore:

…And on the 6th day, the Lord created the self propelled carriage, and the people saw it, and it was good. On the 7th day, he took from that carriage a single frame submember and made it thus into a creature one-half in the wheelage, one-third in the breadth, but two-fold in the fun. And on the 8th day, he bade his followers ride, and many strips were laid, wheelies popped, chicks impressed, and asphalts burninated. The roads and dirt paths were torn asunder. By the 9th day, nary a virginal maiden was left in all the land. The beige cagers were red with a helpless jealous rage whilst the satisfied knights lay in a pleasured slumber and their thumping beast’s hearts crackled to an even cool. And the quadra-gliding forefathers of hoonery looked on in a knowing approval.

So sayeth the lord.

So go, good prince, and make what readiness as you must. For in 5 days time, your quest begins. What the Lord hath commanded let no man deride! Should any stand before you who would attempt to bar your way, slay him! And if slay him you must not, due to local codifications, say instead to him ‘You will know my bike is a V-strom when I lay my vengeance upon you!’ And no man of flesh will resist. "

So the Knight did as his lord commanded, and his preparations were made. What came of the knight, none know for sure. Though, from that time forward, the people sang songs and told tales of Danthemanc1, and his glorious conquests. The people still say that when a storm ravages the land, it is the wrath of the Knight and his v-twin war horse, hooning still, both far and wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Amen Sir Strom (knight of the round 3 spoked wheel)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Translation - got the new treads for my beloved Beatrix recently. Decided to give a try on original Metzler Tourances. It sounded a lot like the Tourance EXPs, while good on the road, are so-so off road, and don't get a great mileage. I wanted Anakee 2's, but couldn't get them from my preferred dealer in time. Next time... Anyways, I'm getting the Tourance's spooned on by my local dealer tonight.

Also, my Wolfman Rainier came in. I just rigged it up, and it went surprisingly well. I connected my back straps to the rearset fuel tank bracket, one strap per side, then up front I connected the straps to the front fuel tank brace assembly between my fork clamps, one per side.

Since the seat was off and the tank was propped anyways, I "installed" my powerlett fused sae power cable as well. I just ran it along the left frame with a snug zip tie to one of the vacuum hoses on that side of the engine underneath the fuel tank. I made sure not to squeeze the hose, I just went to a light snug fit for the wire to stay in place. Up front I just ran the cable through the Rainier mounting straps to keep it in place. Tomorrow I'm installing the SAE bulk head luggage electrix kit into the rainier so I will now have a powered bag (YIPPEE!).

Other tasks to complete by friday:
1) Clean and lube chain
2) Bleed front brakes
3) Change oil (I'm going with Shell Rotella 5w-40 full synthetic)

Friday, I'm ditching work around noon and heading out east. I'm doing a Detroit to Boston via back roads trip, and it should be great fun. I'll be there with my best bud for the 4th of July, and will be heading home sometime around next Wednesday or Thursday, weather (and sleep) dependent. I have the whole week off. Last time I was driving through Pennsylvania I found some pretty killer dirt/gravely roads, I plan on checking them out again.

Anyways, if you know anything between Detroit and Boston, whether in NY and MA along the I-90 corridor, or Pennsylvania/Ohio on the I-80 corridor, or anywhere in Ontario between Sarnia and buffalo, let me know. I'm really winging this one, and recommendations will likely result in side trips!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts