StromTrooper banner

901 - 910 of 910 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The tank, screen and beak on my V2 has been covered in Plasti dip since the first week I purchased it, I wanted to protect the paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So after not being quite satisfied with the 2018 screen, I got a Givi airflow. I haven't tuned it's position to find what is best (I'm about to replace my handlebars and that will affect things anyway), but I've noticed a few things:
- The stock mirrors generate a lot of turbulence, I didn't realize how bad it was until I put the airflow on. I don't quite get the pocket of still air everyone else talks about, and I think the mirrors are to blame. More tuning and mods to do....
- Taking off the upper screen and only using the lower screen makes the turbulent air hit me right in the visor, it's lower than the stock screen but still too high to leave my head in clean air.
- I'm a bit concerned about the warning to not use it above 80mph. I didn't get the 1000cc engine to go 55! In central Texas there are highways with limits as high as 85. I do feel a lot more drag at upper highway speeds, especially with the windshield extended.

-jcs

·
Registered
139 Posts
The airflow never worked for me on my 650 so I didn't bother trying it again on the 1k. It felt like a big hand pushing on my back. I've concluded that windscreens are very personal and require a lot of trial and error. Having said that, the mra x-screen has been effective on my last 3 bikes. I just keep moving it over lol.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
- I'm a bit concerned about the warning to not use it above 80mph. I didn't get the 1000cc engine to go 55! In central Texas there are highways with limits as high as 85. I do feel a lot more drag at upper highway speeds, especially with the windshield extended.

What warning? 80 mph hah!

I've pushed 100 and the Givi was solid. I don't keep it all the way extended so maybe that's what the warning is for don't know.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Now you tell me about speed limit ????????
Well after two bikes (both DL1000, 2014 and 2018), both with Givi Airflow and both ridden many times on their top speed (close to 125 mph), I can confirm that the speed limit sticker is piece of crap. If you're worried about it, just remove the top portion if you want to ride it over that "speed limit" sticker.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think the airflow is pretty stout. That rating is also probably worst case, with a little safety factor.

I had the shield on my bike for a week and stupidly dropped my bike in the garage. The screen took the brunt of it and all is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I just bought a 2014 V-Strom 1000. When I got it, I was concerned that buffeting would be a potential issue and my plan was to spend money until it went away. It seems, however, that either I'm not getting any or maybe I don't know what physical sensations buffeting is supposed to produce. I am unable to reproduce the sensation of buffeting even at triple digit speeds. At least that's what my friend who did that told me. I would never do that.

I've read countless descriptions of buffeting that mentioned things like "stuck my head in a paint shaker", "like being punched in the face", and even "like a hand pushing on the back of my helmet". Seems like that sort of thing would be pretty hard to miss but it just feels to me like any other motorcycle I've ridden. I'm 6' 4" and keep what I assume is the stock screen in the lowest position. So I have no idea why it's different for me. Attached is a picture because who doesn't like pictures? I added the Aprilia mirrors not because of buffeting (since I don't get any) but because I couldn't stand those big dorky square things. Made me look like I was riding a moose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at a Givi windshield for my Vstrom and ebay seller Brixiamoto where savings are substantial.
Back in 2015 on this thread a post was postive for them - thought I would ask if anyone recently has purchased from them?
Shipping might take a couple weeks but I have time as not riding up here in NE and seller has 99.4% positive, just sounds "too good to be true" and we know what that means.
Input welcome

901 - 910 of 910 Posts