StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, after following the Oregon "Breakfast Club" thread, whether or not we should try and arrange something similar up here?

They do it every Sunday, but maybe we could pick one Sunday a month (The second one?), and a static restaraunt to meet at. We could have breakfast, and then go for a ride somewhere...

(I picked Sunday because we seem to have a few people that work Saturdays.)

We really are a diverse group, so picking a restaraunt that is central to everyone might be a bit of a challenge. It should be big enough that we are guaranteed a seat.

Any thoughts?

- BCB.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'll watch this post as I ride to the coast a couple of times a year - to remind myself how good I have it here :-D. I drool at the thought of riding the Pemberton - Lillooet road on a good day.

Al

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
If you are heading North on 99 let me know. Blackdeath and I would probably join in for a ride further North.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've never been to the Tomahawk... (Any Bryan Adams fans here?)

So, making an executive decision, how about we meet at the Tomahawk, 9:00am on the May 20th, weather permitting?

[EDIT] ... and then ride North, picking up Water Warrior en route.

Assuming an hour, hour and a half for breakfast, that would put us in Squamish when, 10:30 - 11:00? Then North to where? Pemberton? Farther?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in! love those breakfasts at the Tomahawk.

Oh, if it's on a Sunday, I'll probably be two-up with my girlfriend. It's her day off too and she'd get mad at me if I went to the Tomahawk without her. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I will try and make that. I need to get home by 1230ish that day.

Maybe I'll make a U-turn at Porteau Cove or Squamish.

Cruising up the Sea to Sky with a belly full of "Yukon"...Oh ya !

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Oh my, my plate is filling up. Should be having a fellow Stromer here on the 19th or 20th. If he shows on the 19th count me in for a few kms at least on the 20th. If he shows on the 20th I get to ride with a fellow Stromer anyway. Looking forward to that weekend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
@#$%^%^!

I'd be in for sure, but am heading to my place in the Okanagan with a few of my "Wild Hog" buddies on the prior Thursday. Spending the long weekend riding in that area. If anybody is going to be there, let me know and maybe we can hook up somewhere. We'll be staying in OK Falls.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Just read this thread again. Duh. Got the dates mixed up. Can't even read a calendar anymore. I'm game for a ride this weekend too.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clarification

Hey Folks...

The thread has wandered a bit - I had originally proposed a monthly "Breakfast Club" - and suggested the second Sunday of every month... However, the second Sunday of this month is Mothers Day, and I can't make it...

That's why I "made an executive decision" and suggested we do it on the the 20th...

- BCB

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Hey Folks...

The thread has wandered a bit - I had originally proposed a monthly "Breakfast Club" - and suggested the second Sunday of every month... However, the second Sunday of this month is Mothers Day, and I can't make it...

That's why I "made an executive decision" and suggested we do it on the the 20th...

- BCB
Put your mother on the back! :)

The second sunday club sounds good to me. I'm sure I could make it out occasionally. I'll have to shuffle things a bit to make it on the 20th, though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Folks...

- BCB

I'll be in for the 20th. I can't do this weekend either(not that it's mothers day, but I'll be on a plane all day coming home from Alaska).

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I'll hopefully be able to make the 20th, may be we can discuss the 2nd Sunday thing then.

A "home base" static restaurant would be good for the monthly meeting in that you would never have to worry about getting the wrong place. But, a changing venue might postition the group better for that months particular ride, be it north, south or east. ????

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
duffy lake road

I'll watch this post as I ride to the coast a couple of times a year - to remind myself how good I have it here :-D. I drool at the thought of riding the Pemberton - Lillooet road on a good day.

Al
duffy lake road is realy good,a few years ago they tar sealed some cracks in the pavement that run parallel to direction of travel,i was lucky as i had knoby tires on my xlr honda 650,but i did read in the province paper of a number of bike crashes due too this,i hit some of this type of seal on my strom this week and it can realy squirm you around,there are a few single lane bridges on the road too,once on a quiet day i fugured i would do a speed run over the duffy and was willing too take a ticket,[on my honda xlr 650] the next day my front brake lever was pulseing,i had warped the front brake rotor,its an awsome road ,i also love the road from lilooet north to hat creek turn off,the one corner where you go under the railway tracks is awsome,expecialy heading too lilooet,if there is no traffic its an awsome corner too take with a bit of speed,

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Had a lovely ride today with V1Vr. Met at Starbucks and proceeded to Whistler and Pemberton. Good weather, good ride and excellent company. Gotta do this again.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts