StromTrooper banner

2701 - 2714 of 2714 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Fogging in the oil level window is pretty common in the cold and I especially noticed it on my 2012 DL650.

Nothing to be concerned about.

..Tom
What he said. Most likely yo're not running the bike long enough for the crankcase to "purge" itself. In my experience it takes no less than 40 minutes of run time. It is most certainly worse in cold weather.
It's not going to hurt anything. It never has in any of my bikes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks V-Tom, Slovcan and B.C. I'll check it out. I haven't really had any issues with it, only that it was a concern that something internally was awry.

Thanks again,
Larry

·
Registered
328 Posts
Also next time you open your airbox to change/check air filter check that the crankcase breather filter is clean. #6 here https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/505a1595f8700203b4ed1c04/air-cleaner The intake draws oily moist air out of the crankcase through this sponge filter. If it is clogged or drawing poorly there is nowhere for the moisture to go. Can be cleaned with paint thinner and left to dry before reinstalling.
Thanks, I didn't even know about this filter, I'll be changing the air filter soon so I'll have a look and clean this crankcase filter while I'm at it.
I hate the hassle of removing the tank, so easy to change the air filter on my Vfr800.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks, I didn't even know about this filter, I'll be changing the air filter soon so I'll have a look and clean this crankcase filter while I'm at it.
I hate the hassle of removing the tank, so easy to change the air filter on my Vfr800.
I have put 30 k km on my air filter so I will be doing the same come spring. Haven't checked in there for mouse nests for two years either. It is a PITA but I will do some wiring and add a horn while it is off.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Too bad we don't see him putting the tank back on. I've found it's easier to remove a few more screws on the remaining plastic to get it back on. Or like he said, have someone help you.
I also left that plastic front bolt cover off to facilitate field repair.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Found that Rotella makes a Gasoline oil? In a red can? It's not JASO MA2 certified and has a no motorcycle warning.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Found that Rotella makes a Gasoline oil? In a red can? It's not JASO MA2 certified and has a no motorcycle warning.

If anyone sees it on the shelf, have a look to see if it has that evil "Energy Conserving" seal on the label.

2701 - 2714 of 2714 Posts