StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could only find dead links to this time-tested, well-used map, but now have this one. Great roads, well marked out. Some of the best riding that Ontario has to offer. Click on the map once it opens and it will enlarge. Cheers.

The Big Map

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found it orignally on a Toronto based motorcycle site (www.gtamotorcycle.com) a number of years ago, but the link died. Even though there were many repostings of new links, one by one, they all died for different reasons.
I really liked this map - used it a great deal and thought it would be nice to share... so I decided to host it myself.
There are a few more bike related things from my site here

·
Registered
806 Posts
Been on many of those road esspecially around Peterborough Bancoft area's. Many miles of great roads.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that one is also posted on my site as mentioned above:)
I have tried that one, but the reason I don't use it as much, is that you have to know where you are going in advance. I usually dont. I just know that I want to do maybe 1000km or 10hrs and want to pass through Algonquin and maybe do Calabogie... Besides that I just ride around picking the best looking roads that form somewhat of a route.

That is a good map for getting some background info on the area you are visiting though...

The

·
Registered
600 Posts
How come every map of Ontario that I've seen ignores the best part, north of Lake Superior?

·
Registered
636 Posts
How come every map of Ontario that I've seen ignores the best part, north of Lake Superior?
You mean Hwy 11?

Let me think on this, I can ride to Hearst in the summer and have the black flies drag me into the forest and devour me or I can ride through the Muskokas and enjoy myself while still being a stones throw from civilization.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Great links, especially Great Ontario Bikeroads. Living near tweed has given me a chance to ride most of the Southeast - Kingston Area roads. They are a really a blast to ride and I highly recommend them if you're in this area. I was just thinking how great it would be to be able to ride every road on that list next year. Sounds like a plan!

SS

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I found it orignally on a Toronto based motorcycle site (www.gtamotorcycle.com) a number of years ago, but the link died. .
There are a few more bike related things from my site here
I've seen and lost that map before. thanks for it and the down loads from your site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts