StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, before my clutch failed, I had a good time with the Big Dog Riders, riding the toughest stuff I have ever put the Wee Strom on.

There is a reason why they call it the toughest, Big Bike Ride in the World.....they weren't kidding.

CLICK HERE

What a great group of guys. I was one of two Stroms at the event, but the only one to complete the "A" Ride....which is the SOB of challenges.

I want to fully report that the WeeStrom performed amazingly!!!! Yeah, I buned up my clutch, but that is the result of three years of very, very tough and challenging riding. (by this point, a BMW GS would have already gone through two final drives!!!!) And a new clutch is going to cost me a whopping $150 (if I do my own work, which I will).

Man I love my bike!!!!!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
That's crazy.

Congrats and Well done though!!!!

There is no way I'd try that on my Strom. On my previous DRZ maybe..

Ken

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
I'd say "More power to you!" but it honestly doesn't look like you need any more! Well done!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Is this what they mean by off road ? The pic looks like a bad goat trail.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
That's awesome. I'd never ride my Strom on that so props to you.

You'd think they could have spelled "meanest" correctly on the posters.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I love it....now gents, this guy's got balls with HAIR!!!! Good to see a real rider mix it up with the best. F the clutch...just speed shift that bitch and roll.

I'd love to make a run like that but it would have to be a on a bike that I didn't care about trying to keep nice. Riding that crap is surely going to trash that plastic/paint but it looks fun as hell.

jeff

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased the Strom to be a bike that is truly an Adventure Bike that I am not afraid to take anywhere or try anything. When you think about it, our Stroms are beloved and prized, but for $8k...they can also be a bike that can be ridden hard without too much grief when the stratches come. (Think about the grief of a $25,000 BMW 1200GSA?)

Anyway, yeah.....a clutch is nothing! A new Barnett (twice as good as stock), will only cost me $150 or so.....no big deal!!! In 10 days (order, delivery and the work)...I will be back at it.

By the way, I just can't say enough good things about the Givi engine guards and the TouraTech belly pan. Both had to show their stuff and they both passed with flying colors. The guards saved my left side after I hit some slick clay and dumped the bike after a rain storm. (Still sore on my left side but the fact that I was only going about 15 mph and I was completely ATGATT....not too bad.) The TouraTech pan allowed me to do plenty of surfing when the clearance wasn't enough.

By the way, I post all this....not to tout myself....but because I want folks to know that the WeeStrom is plenty dirt worthy and an Adventure Bike that anyone can be proud of. The bike is awesome!!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pretty neat. I just got home from a camping trip on the Wee, lots of MTN passes as well. Did Weston, loaded with my gear. Intended to do Cement creek, but we started running out of time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy crap!

Excellent ride Big John. I'm guessing though that a Vee would make it in..... 3/4 the amount of time?

J/k, you da man.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great stuff and kudos to you. What gearing did you use if I can ask?

Stock gearing on a 2007 Wee is 15/47. I dropped the front to a 14 and it made a huge difference. If I do this ride again on the Wee, I will also raise the rear to a 50T. In the rough stuff, I would like a little more 'tractoring' capability and I am certainly willing to give up the 120mph top end. A 14/50 should still allow me to get down the road at 65-70mph....with very reasonable rpms.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Big John,

What's the location in your first photo? It looks familiar. Maybe near Lake City?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts