Strom Trooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got about 2000 miles on my new leftover 2014 DL1000 I tried a few max accelerations on an empty track from 0-60 to see what it had. I was surprised just how quick it is so I had to look it up to see what the testers actually get full out. I really had no idea it was this quick on acceleration. BTW - I am a very slow rider.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS 0-60 mph 3.1 seconds

That tops a 2011 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce 0-60 mph at 3.2 seconds.

Suzuki Motorcycle 0-60 Times & Quarter Mile Times | Suzuki Hayabusa, DR-Z400SM, V-Storm 650 & more 0 to 60 stats!

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fly like I ride. Low and slow. lol That Hoover on the side isn't the most attractive thing on the bike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The most difficult part of my 2014 DL1000A when attempting power acceleration is shifting to 2nd. The Vee is such a long throw compared to my old F700GS and 1st to 2nd I find very choppy compared to the other gear changes. I guess 0-60 I could keep it in 1st to see what she will do but trying to time myself is asking for trouble... On a positive note, trying to find neutral on the F700 was at times challenging. Seems like I'm always finding neutral on the Vee whether I want to or not! Anyone else notice this or should I take it to the shop to be looked at?

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
My previous big the Burgman 650 was very quick up to 70 mph or so and I could easily pace bikes ( not ss ) up to VFR800s etc.
Trick is the transmission. ECVT.
But buddy has a 1000 strom and no way I could keep in touch....in acceleration or top end.

I had been a unbeleiver on litre bikes as thought they were too heavy for the gain....my 650 Strom is quick enough but there is no thrill tho it is fun and nimble unloaded.

Then I discovered the CBF1000 0:).... zoom zoom, lighter than the Wee and fantastic torque curve.....so the thrills were there anytime on call and I can finally keep up with my kid on his FZ8. >:)

and it doesn't need to wind out to get the rush ....torque comes on early and stays there.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was surprised on the records that the Strom 1000 is as fast as some of the sport bikes. Yes the CVTs are bad to the bone. I tuned my Honda PCX150 scoot with NCY variator change and it is really quick for a 150. Max throttle runs right at 8000 rpm for the entire run.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had read somewhere about a 0-60 in 3.6 secs.

I been saying it for a while, don't be afraid to rev it up, no matter what reviews say :)

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bet I was close to that with the top case loaded, all of the FARKLES, and DS tires. I am sure they did everything right to get a 3.1 out of multiple runs.

update: I just looked and the Gen 1 1000 got 3.6. The Gen 2 is the 3.1.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
...Note that the V2 is faster 0-60 than both the TL-S and TL-R and ties the SV1000.. They'd all take the V2 in the quarter though..
But the Vee's can haul fat asses and lots of other usually needless stuff too. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
They must test these things with a midget aboard. I've gotten just the slightest hair over 12 seconds at the local strip with my 06 1000. I have routinely beaten my son in law aboard his TL 1000 in the 1/4, but it's in the first 100 feet when I get him. He's doing about 5 mph faster at the end, but I'm there first. He's worried about flipping the TL on the line. When he gets more confident, he'll clean my clock. Mine seems competitive with the new 1040 model Vees, though I've never done an actuall drag race with one. I can take Super Ts, but I have to say that the Multistrada hauls a**. No contest there.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
But the Vee's can haul fat asses and lots of other usually needless stuff too. :grin2:
Trying to get the button to like this more, so far it's not working...

They must test these things with a midget aboard. I've gotten just the slightest hair over 12 seconds at the local strip with my 06 1000. I have routinely beaten my son in law aboard his TL 1000 in the 1/4, but it's in the first 100 feet when I get him. He's doing about 5 mph faster at the end, but I'm there first. He's worried about flipping the TL on the line. When he gets more confident, he'll clean my clock. Mine seems competitive with the new 1040 model Vees, though I've never done an actuall drag race with one. I can take Super Ts, but I have to say that the Multistrada hauls a**. No contest there.
Won't pretend to know how fast a TL 1000 is, but i've learned a valuable lesson on mine: no assists = wheelie :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts