StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still going through my new-to-me '08 and this morning I find this...(see picture).
Now I am wondering if the blue/green "stuff" was applied when the seal was replaced or was it done so as to not replace the leaking clutch rod seal.
Guess I will leave it alone for now, perhaps replace the seal this Winter.
What do you guys think?.....

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gear Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This "stuff" is some type of silicon sealant and not grease. It is under the seal retainer, and I am not going to investigate any further at this time. I suspect that I will be replacing the chain and sprockets this Winter, so I will be back in this area then. Hopefully I do not find the case has been damaged under the seal retainer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh My!....I sure do not want that to happen!....I will heed your advice when re-installing the slave.
I had not done any cleaning before I took that picture. Going to clean-off the push rod, re-insert it, then start cleaning.
The previous owner told me he replaced the chain and the rear sprocket, but not the drive sprocket. The chain was very tight and is quite stiff. Have no idea what lube was used. With 39k miles, the drive sprocket needs replaced...which is why I will be in here again soon.
Lastly, I agree with Rick...."for awhile anyways"....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts